• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

before i buy bearings

jeeper049687

Ok before i buy anymore bearings, i just want to ask to see if anyone has used ceramic. either hybrid with the stainless races or full ceramic. just looking to see if anyone has some experience with running these. If they have lasted forever or been a complete waste of time and money. don't want to waste money i could have spent beter somewhere else. have found multiple sites and local locations with both types. all about the same price, usually 10X's the price of normal bearings compared to full ceramics. even the hybrids are still 5X's the price of good regular bearings. but if they are undistructible they are worth it, if they still wear out in almost the same amount of time....... im not exactly racing this truck professionaly. don't see the need.

G

The ceramic bearings are good. I use the versions with the SS races. It depends where you want to use them. I would only recommend it if your regular bearings are failing prematurely.

If you are talking about the wheel bearings I would recommend the 7075 bearing holders. The increased size allow you to run a less expensive bearing. IMO spend the $$ on the carriers and C hubs.

Deluge

Personal preference. Some say they're great, some say they're not worth the extra cost. I tried ceramics in my Slash, and I didn't notice a difference.

BoukeG

I've used the ceramic bearings in my E-Revo and never regretted it. So when upgrading to 7075 bearing holders, I bought them again. I'm still busy rebuilding it, so I don't know the wear. However, compared to stock I've found the new bearings run much, much smoother.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts