• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

bearing question

biggoofball

I have a Rampage XB. I've read about weak bearings so, I replaced the f/r knuckles and carriers with 7075rc parts and heavier bearings.

What about the longevity of the drive line and diff bearings? Should I also be concerned with those as well. I have 10 tanks though it now and it seems fine so far.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

BertR

I have just changed out the stock diff bearings after a year of beating but it was at a cost of front and rear diff housings. I would do it now so you can save later lol. I am saying replace all redcat bearings and fluids now!! I promise you will be glad you did

BertR

no problem!! once you do bearings and fluids in the shocks and diff's you will find that your control and handling is smoother and easier to drive

chapinb

I have about 5 battery packs through my xbe. Blew my first bearing already in the diff housing. Swap them early and save yourself the hassle.

G

Wow, people weren't kidding when they said it's a sticky mess in the diffs.
Yep, looks like sludge from an oil spill. Maybe that's what they did with the mess from the BP leak in the Gulf. LOL

biggoofball

Ordered some Boca bearings. I couldn't wait for them to arrive so, I repacked the stock ones just to give it a spin around. I'm so impatient. :)

GRIPNRIP123

Boca sells a kit. I still think that it is money well spent to go to the bigger bearings at 7075 RC. I don't have mine yet. The stock bearings have given me all kinds of problems. Boca makes a great product and it comes in a kit however I think the stock bearings being undersized are more of a problem than the bearing quality itself.

BertR

I would agree with you to an extent! The hub adapters that allow us to run the baja wheels help the stock 10*19*5 size bearings last months instead of a few runs

RampageShop

If you haven't already, you may want to upgrade your gear plate to the 7075rc piece or the MT Aluminum one with larger bearings.

I have a few videos on my YouTube Channel "HeyGuysItsRob" that show inside the diff housing of my XBE...sticky stuff in there

biggoofball

I went with the Boca kit of green seals.

Ceramic seems a little too much for something that I bash across my front lawn. I've used ceramics in my TC and higher tolerance bearings too but, I think maintenance would be more important on these heavy beasts.

Thanks, added upgraded gear plate to the list. I can hear my wife now, "What's with all the packages?". lol

BertR

If you use the mt plate you. Need larger bearings to fit it but as far as the 7075rc diff housings go I have no idea because I don't use them

G

Yes both plates use larger bearings than the XT plate. The MT plate and 7075RC plate do not use the same size bearings.

Dreggsta

ok i'm a lil confused. i'm looking at the manuals too. the front/center/rear diff housings are what i'm talking about. i already have the aluminum trans gear plate & 7075 hubs w/oversized bearings.

in the manual i count 10- 19x10x5 (p/n 07159) bearings which are in the front diff (4), center diff (2) & rear diff (4) housings.

the kits on boca's site gives you 19 (10 for diffs & 9 for hubs). seeing i already have the the oversized bearings in the gear plate & 7075 hubs, the diffs are the only ones left for me to change. i'll get one green seal kit & 1 extra 19x10x5mm bearing & be good to do both my xt's. sweet. sorry for thinking out loud fellas. lmbo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts