• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Backdraft

TheNewbe

Contributor
I was wondering if anyone has one or has driven one that can give me there feedback.

foxys

8E or 3.5? I've had both, and honestly, I love the electric. I'm hard on cars, and it took a beating.

TheNewbe

Contributor
I was looking at the 3.5. Did it not hold up to bashing as well? Have you had any experience with the lightning nitro?

foxys

It didn't do badly. I really don't like small 2 speeds. I went through 5 trannies in one season. However, that is racing not bashing. For bashing, we had an Aftershock (same basic car) and that thing would still be running if some idiot didn't try driving it in the snow in 20 degree below zero (I REALLY don't recommend that.) and cracked the engine block. :)

For bashing their great, in fact I think the downfall of the electrics for bashing is that they are stupid fast and you run into things a LOT faster. :D

I've stayed away from 1/10th scale, I started with a sumo, and that turned me off to little cars. Heck I'm on this site because I'm starting to close the door on 1/8th. I hate tiny parts and after working on the Monsoon tonight I've decided that the parts are much to small and I'm tired of retuning the engine every weekend, not to mention $30/jug for fuel, nope, I'm ready to move whole hog to the big boys. :)

TheNewbe

Contributor
I've noticed nitro seems to take more tuning. Thought about getting the lightning for racing but I think I'll stick with my Mt and Xt. I'll just turn my xt into a street racer.

edgeverse

I have a backdraft and love it. Handles well, and gets up to some high speeds.

I have the electric, btw.

Being 1/8 scale and all, it can take just about any buggy wheel thats 1/8 due to the 17mm hex

I got some nice wheels over at jconcepts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts