• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aussie coming to the States.

blak__jak

where are you going to be in florida i grew up there and might be able to help with some ideas. i'm in ohio now and as rampage idiot said stay away from this part of usa for now awful cold lately.

blak__jak

since you're going to be in south fl. already try to make key west great place to visit. duval st. is lined with bars. one end to the other. if you do get there check out mel fisher's museum and try to get a boat or sea plane out to fort jefferson for the day. ft. jefferson is an early american fort built out in the gulf of mexico south west of key west quite a site to see. great diving around the fort but probably nothing compared to the great barrier reef. you can plane from miami to key west and back pretty cheap and they have boat trips too. whatever you do don't drive it. long mostly two lane road very slow going. waste of vacation time.

GTS 666

Sounds good if I get time I will check it out thanks for the ideas. Oh the Great Barrier Reef is awesome but its also a long way of land takes a couple of hours to get out there.

amstel78

GTS 666 said:
Going to LA Las Vegas and Florida early next year what are the must see and do things that we should do. Probably mid January haven't set travel date as yet. :D
As a fellow Aussie to another, come to NYC if you can. I can give you a tour of the UN that the tourists will never see. If you can't, Clearwater and its beaches in the west are a great stop along with Miami and Pompano Beach on the East (Florida). I lived in Florida for over 15 years and I consider it to be my home state in the Union.

LA is meh. When I moved from Melbourne, LA was my first home in the US for 3 years. It's a weird city. The mobile roach coaches slinging super burritos to the hungry masses are awesome though.

Vegas? Gambling and prostitutes. Choose your poison wisely. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

amstel78

rampage idiot said:
Good for you don't come to PA. its freaking freezing here LOL:eek:
I was going to say the opposite.. come to visit us in PA if you wanna go skiing. :D Lots of snow right now!

Ildy666

GTS 666 said:
Had a awesome time in the US can't wait to visit again.
I met an aussie last week and he's was telling me all about where he's from.I always wanted to go to australia but after speaking with him i definitly want to go. showed some pics of perth where's he's from it looks awesome and the weather is great.he also blew me away when he said min. Wage is $21 an hour...WOW...mcdonalds just hired his 16 yr old nephew for $26 an hour.and the pics.of the women there.why am i here...lol...Gts666 hoped u had a good time in the us but ur home land is very nice....

alfred e numan

one time i had the beam pointed towards au, 27.385 lsb. dead quiet, suddenly this truck driver started coming into my reciever- he was joking with another driver- they were hauling sheep with those huge trucks in the middle of nowhere- tried to make the trip, pumped up the power to about 1,500 watts- they could hardly hear me- sorta a pipe line- rare conditions to say the least.- had to turn off the pump because every time i talked the people next door and beyond- the touch lamps in there houses kept going off and on-- musta thought there was a ghost in the house-----

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts