• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anyone seen a Dogbone do this???

Restomod

Not quite finished the first tank on my TT when I saw it was FWD only. Took this out and the silver parts tell me this was cracked when it was installed new. I checked them but I guess I missed this one. New ones are on the way and I WILL check them better.

yolonda21

Contributor
Not to that extent, but there have beens a few cases of them being cracked at the set screw.....there are pics here somewhere.....

hamster huey

Im less and less surpised by things like this too but I hardly break the same things twice and Im grateful the parts are available and very affordable. When I break things on my HPI Im afraid to see how much it costs and it does cost. I love my Rampage and will keep a few common spares on hand for things like this. Also the Ramp shares common sizes of several different parts (another Rampage bonus) with other 1/5s so you might look for another companies dogbone?

looker2756

Contributor
Deluge said:
Holy shit, dude! Seriously? Really? 23 bucks a pop? Crazy! I'd rather make my own out of sticks and soda cans. Eh...I'll probably buy them. :mad:
I feel ya man !! But it's all in the name of reliability to me. These are nearly Bullet Proof :D

Rebuild3102.jpg

Restomod

The MCD shafts sure look heavier, and on the wheel shafts they may be the way to go. BUT this one is the long (170mm?) rear center diff shaft. What MCD one do you need for this and the front center.

Ron E

Contributor
my tt has a broken pin on a dogbone now and it's getting a full mod 35cc motor soon. so along with the mooman diff cups looks like I better plan on another 100.00 for axles.

whats another 100.00 after i've already gone this far? :rolleyes:

at least i'll have spares then, just in case.

looker2756

Contributor
Restomod said:
The MCD shafts sure look heavier, and on the wheel shafts they may be the way to go. BUT this one is the long (170mm?) rear center diff shaft. What MCD one do you need for this and the front center.
I'm running the cat5 cup braces & stock inners with No problems. Rob himself witnessed the thrashing it took at No Limit & if it can take that ... I would say it's definitely Good.

Here is what it looked like after the first laps.

1zNoLimitFriday379.jpg

Broke a lower HPI shock shaft 2 minutes into a 20 minute a-main race & still finished 2nd. Check out how nice my rear suspension was working. :D

zNoLimitSunday055.jpg

Obeast44

Banned
Aye I run the Cat 5 rings too, granted I run Moo cups on the diff sides. They work perfect to hold my CVD pins in. Once they are applied they let you run Baja boots from DS or Hostile. Which is an added bonus :)

looker2756

Contributor
Evildomain said:
I thought these fit the Rampage too, or am I wrong?
http://www.zerogravityrc.com/fsrearshaftset.aspx
I would say NO.

Obeast44 said:
The FS dogbones should be the same length as the MCD bones, considering the FS is the clone of MCD
Kinda, but No. The FS is a clone of a Gen1 MCD & it requires EVO 2/3 MCD longer bones to work in a Rampage. Unless FS has something new I don't know about. MCD is on V4 though. ;)

Obeast44

Banned
looker2756 said:
I would say NO.
Kinda, but No. The FS is a clone of a Gen1 MCD & it requires EVO 2/3 MCD longer bones to work in a Rampage. Unless FS has something new I don't know about. MCD is on V4 though. ;)
You mailed my V4 yet? JK! :( I wish....the warden (my wife) would have me executed if I did purchase one.

Maybe Fastlane can link the exact FS ones he has.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts