• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

and with Trencher tires

Chief409

RCDAD said:
Definitely could use some moisture out there! :)
For sure, Oct 1 2011 to Oct 1 2012 we had less then 6" total rain here. Normally we get 10 to 12 inches. All the monsoon rain came down about 5 miles away, all around us, nada here. We were the DRY HOLE. One reason I don't have grass in the back yard and have Las Vegas Red rock in the front yard. Water rates have gone up while the rain total has gone down. Something about tadpoles or something in the Sac River delta, so we are getting a lot less water from the California Aqueduct. And a court decision on a 30 year old water rights fight in 2007. Real Estate developers are not happy, but I am, it was getting crowded.

And, it is the Mojave Desert!

BertR

That DR looks sweet with the trenchers dirty or clean hell I wish I had a body that would alow me to mount up my trenchers I miss them :( Get out the sprinkler lol.

Chief409

It's a blast! It's the 5T setup, so a bit slow getting going, but once it hits the pipe, WOW! I tuned it as best as I could, but until I get a pipe with more low end punch...

Would a X-Can help any on the low end. I'm not cutting everything for a pipe that doesn't fit. Haven't heard any more from Dino at Jetpro yet about a pipe for the Dune Runner.

G

It would help. They improve low end to mid range, just not to the extent the tuned pipes do.

Chief409

RCDAD said:
It would help. They improve low end to mid range, just not to the extent the tuned pipes do.
Looks like a X-Can will be my Christmas present.

Perhaps Jetpro might have my Birthday present. HOPE! :)

Chief409

Chief409 said:
Looks like a X-Can will be my Christmas present.Perhaps Jetpro might have my Birthday present. HOPE! :)
Which would be best with the X-Can for better low end, with or without the stinger extensions.

G

I don't think you will notice any difference in stinger length on an X-can. There more form than function.

G

None of the rear mount 5b pipes are a direct bolt-on. I'm sure that would work fine with a small amount of modding.

Last edited:

Chief409

I thought about side pipes, but my favorite bash spot, besides in back of the house, is a jumping, hill climb FUN PARK 5 - 10 minutes away. Unusual attitude landings are common, as are tumbles down the hills! I don't think a side pipe would last long there without protection, so I'm looking for a rear pipe.

Chief409

A couple more pictures of the DR.

In the Buggy Wash. Looking at this reminds me of the Sand Box. The first time I was there was 1974, last in '89. Wasn't what we called it though. What we called it isn't suitable for a public forum.

After the Buggy Wash. I like the stock diff set up, when you look at the picture the rear tires are cleaner then the front ones. Shows the power is going to the rear.

And, be VERY careful when rinsing your buggy off. Let it cool down, protect the air cleaner, and since one of my servos and the receiver box are not water proof, I only use a spray to rinse the buggy with the body on. Use an Air compressor to blow out and brush afterwards with the body off.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I just douse the whole thing with the RC cleaner and blow it clean with the compressed air.

Chief409

With the flour dust, a light sprinkle of water cleans it up enough. Then I air dry it with the air compressor. I like using plain water to clean the tires, easy to see how they are wearing, and which set is getting the best grip, because the dirt wears off the oils on the tires, and rinsing with plain water doesn't remove the oils. For example, I need to make a front camber change from looking at the picture. Changed when I went from the stock front tires to the 5T Trenchers and HPI adapters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts