• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

aluminum steering mounts?

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
Making some rear bearing housings with the oversized bearings that I used in the front steering knuckles.
? There are two holes for mounting the arms, Stock uses the lower one for the lower arm and the inside one for the upper arm. I can't see why they have the other holes. It's waste of time to put them in and adds weight.

Does anyone use these extre holes?????
They are there for suspension adjustments, if at all possible leave at least the upper extra holes in.

Once you get a price on the pieces let me know. I want a set with the larger bearings.

camo

Ol said:
Making some rear bearing housings with the oversized bearings that I used in the front steering knuckles.
? There are two holes for mounting the arms, Stock uses the lower one for the lower arm and the inside one for the upper arm. I can't see why they have the other holes. It's waste of time to put them in and adds weight.

Does anyone use these extre holes?????
Yup... I use the upper mounting hole on the lower part of the rear hub to achive the camber I like, so It would be wise to have them both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

oops

Thanks for the input.

Turns out that there are rules about selling stuff on this site that I was not aware of. So out of respect for Rob and this forum I will no longer offer parts for sale here.

DemonRC

Got my knuckles from Ol Fart installed. Machine work was great. The bearings fit in nice too and didn't have any play.I didn't realize how screwed up my plastic ones were untill I got it all apart. The bushings pretty much whopped out the holes untill they became oblong. I couldn't even get one knuckle out because I couldn't get a grip on the bushing. I ended up getting pissed off and cut the knuckle out with a dremel. Goodbye plastic POS's.Threaded alloy hubs with larger bearings are going to be a blessing.

CIMG0058.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

CIMG0055.JPG

CIMG0056.jpg

/monthly_2011_04/CIMG0058.jpg.1ec4cab141921cdb22bf9e44ece5f953.jpg

/monthly_2011_04/CIMG0054.jpg.846df02a19f9c8d963ca63d3a24b537b.jpg

/monthly_2011_04/CIMG0055.JPG.2b959d225d97ff9e464e638bdb231616.JPG

/monthly_2011_04/CIMG0056.jpg.51dc6420ee7aa933733e08bd71a7eb82.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
DemonRC said:
Got my knuckles from Ol Fart installed. Machine work was great. The bearings fit in nice too and didn't have any play.
I didn't realize how screwed up my plastic ones were untill I got it all apart. The bushings pretty much whopped out the holes untill they became oblong. I couldn't even get one knuckle out because I couldn't get a grip on the bushing. I ended up getting pissed off and cut the knuckle out with a dremel. Goodbye plastic POS's.

Threaded alloy hubs with larger bearings are going to be a blessing.
SO JEALOUS! :mad:

They look really good, let me know how they hold up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts