• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

8000rpm

BertR

after reading a post earlier I decided to instal a new spring and it was like the revs couldn't open the shoes so i went back to stock and works fine. HPI 8000 come in 2 packs so i tried the other one and same issue it was like starting in 5th gear Bunk springs maybe??? what do you fellas think

G

The 8k spring is great IMO. It engages 2000rpm higher. The engine has more hp & torque at 8k which means it should launch much harder. If you slowly get into the throttle it may seem sluggish but under full throttle it should rip.

BertR

I had hoped it would take off like no tomorrow. the motor was screaming and no solid contact with the bell just enough to start to roll at WOT. This is my stock clutch doese that make a difference with the HPI springs

BertR

I hear tons of great things about the 8000 rpm springs I tried 2 different springs with the same result. so I'm going to order the pads and spring set and be done .

Deluge

Should hit pretty hard, dude. Something isn't right, for sure. The HPI springs do work with the stock clutch, you just have to muscle them in. My MT has an 8k spring and it launches.

BertR

The kit gets with it on the stock spring so I was expecting some mad crazy with the 8k, I felt this was a strange issue or payback for muddy lake bed lol. Oh well perfect reason to get a new clutch before the stock craps out on me

G

BertR said:
I had hoped it would take off like no tomorrow. the motor was screaming and no solid contact with the bell just enough to start to roll at WOT. This is my stock clutch doese that make a difference with the HPI springs
It should take off like no tomorrow. I would check out the drivetrain for any loose set screws. It sounds like something might be slipping. :confused:

G

That is strange...

You can't blame the clutch shoes if your just swapping the spring.

d.rosenhoover

Yeah I tried to get my Hpi 8000 springs in there is no way the hook on the spring is too short. I took off paint and everything. I can get one side kinda in but can't get the other side hooked. If he had to get it on perhaps the clutchisnt opening like all the way like it should this is the second time I tried to install them with complete failure.

G

They are a pain for sure. I've only done it a couple times. As far as I'm concerned clutches are very inexpensive. It's not worth the effort to install your own spring. Just buy the clutch with the spring installed.

BertR

I tell you what lol. I have learned how to get the 8k's in with minimal effort.I am bullheaded so I had to learn the hard way lol. Try using a dremal tool and skin the spring till it fits thats what I had to do

BertR

ok Deluge/RCDAD I put the 8k in for shits-N-giggles and ran it for I say 3 min NOTE this is just the springs i had probs with not new clutch. It got so hot it smelled real bad and blued the bell see pics . The factory setup is fine its slightly warm to the touch %5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/BertR144/RampageXTpics005.jpg[/img] RampageXTpics002.jpg

G

The clutch is no working properly. I see a flat spot on the lower show in the photo. If it got hot it is not engaging or disengaging all the way. Those shoes look waisted I would try a whole new set.

G

I would also inspect the bearings on that plate. They are small and over heat in the plastic plates. If the clutch bell was that hot the bearings could be compromised.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts