• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075RC diff. spacers/shims?

crazyfast

I was finally able to pick up a 7075RC rear differential housing!! Hoping this will allow my to run in 2wd without tearing up the ring/pinion gears!

QUESTION. It came with 2 washers/spacers/shims. Where should I place them?

rampage idiot

They go on the pinion gear, if you know how to set up a diff then you no what backlash is, put it together with none in and check the backlash between gears(play) if it seems excessive add a shim between back of pinion gear and bearing this will push pinion gear farther into ring gear, you should have a little backlash and definitely not too tite!

crazyfast

Thank you! I am familiar with back lash so I should be set on that. Now, what's the trick to getting the drive shaft cup off the pinion gear shaft? I completely removed the set screw and that sucker is on there! Typically I'd apply some heat to loosen it, but not sure how these little pieces respond to heat.

rampage idiot

Probably a burr take a punch and tap on the shaft end of pinion gear and hold cup with pliers or in a vice. after you are done and have it all together remember to grease the gears, a lot of guys use white lithium grease, I have been using wheel bearing grease

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts