• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075 bearing holders on XSC

xCrittersx

I just installed the 7075 bearing holders and c hubs on my XSC. What is happening is that the rear wheel axle is getting hot in like 3mins just one side passenger rear side. Plus new bearing(from 7075rc) were installed at the same time. What i looked into, The wheels is tight and bearing are good. Can someone help whit this?

Deluge

Sounds like it's binding. Did you over tighten the wheel, by any chance? Do the axles spin freely without the wheel?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

+1

You can pinch the bearings by over tightening the wheel nut. It will pull the axle through the square and add lateral pressure to the sides of the inner and outer bearings.

xCrittersx

I did not think that i over tightened them but i will try that tomorrow and see if that is it. The axles do spin freely without the wheels.

xCrittersx

I went to try it and the wheel was somewhat stripped. When trying it the nut

fell off every time i tried it and the nut was tighten but not over tighten. Now

the wheel is stripped all the way, so now i cannot tell if it gets hot or not.

Now i need to get some new wheels I'm looking at some HPI wheels. 7075rc

HPI adapters, has two kinds a $60. or 50. what one should i get? If the new

wheels does not stop the axle from getting hot what else do you think it could be?

My friend has the same thing going on with his XSC passenger rear side same

7075 parts. One thing that is not the same is the bearings he has ceramic

ones. We ran them like 2 times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

My HPI adapters stop the problem with "overtightening the nuts binds the bearings" problem.

You could also solve the problem by inserting a spacer in between the bearings (you gotta make your own.)

xCrittersx

It solve the problem by inserting a spacer in between the bearings. ol' fart with the hpi adapters with the

caps can you add threads for the hpi nuts on the out side or is there not room? That way if i would lose

one of the caps i can use a hpi nut.

Thank you ol' fart.

Ol' fart

good question.

I don't know. I'll go look into it.

Nope, threads are too close to each other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts