• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

5B diff in the TT ?

forist

Contributor
Hey guys do any of u know if the HPI 5B diff will fit in the TT i like the diff locker that they have for the 5B. Anyone know ? Thanks

kryptonite

you meen just the hpi diff to fit inside the redcat case? or the whole gear box to fit on the redcat chassis? eather way it wont fit with out major modifacation. the hpi gear box has a lay shaft that is at the top. now as far as "locking" the diffs. that can easly be done with something like silly putty. just packing it into the diff case will make the diff completly locked, and you will be able to easly pull it out "when" you decide its not that great. locking the diffs will create many problems. the diff is already a kind of weak spot aqnd is easly stressed with a large motor/pipe combo. locking the diffs will couse alot of issues with drive shafts, drive cup and diff pins. you will also have very little stearing with a locked diff up front. i noticed stearing loss with just a heavier diff lube on my tt. but try the silly putty in the diffs before making any major modifacations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts