• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

$500 to spend. Suggestions?

F-Fanatic

As I'm sure you all know, tax season is here, and with a "free" lump of cash on it's way, I'd like some suggestions for hop-up parts for my *mostly* stock XB. The lady at home told me to "go crazy" with what's left over after paying our bills, and go crazy I shall.

Some things I already have in mind:

HPI to Redcat wheel adapters for Baja tires. (maybe)

Conversion of Rx and Tx to LiPo. Will also need a balancing charger.

Higher torque steering servo -OR- dual-steering set up.

Spare plugs

Still using the cheap "fail-safe" as my means of keeping the XB where I want it - in front of me - and will definitely invest in a kill switch.

That's about all I can think of for now; mostly lavish stuff to spiff it up a bit! However if anyone out there can point me in the direction of some upgrades to suit performance or just plain old good looks, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and I hope y'all are getting

Last edited by a moderator:
G

A kill switch is a must.

Wheel adapters also a must. The foams in your stockers are most likely shot.

Servo upgrades are also a good choice.

A better plug will be necessary with a kill switch.

I would also invest in a pipe. The performance gains are amazing.

Ildy666

Is ur gear plate aluminum?hows ur front and rear bearings and holders?aluminum intake and hpi filter kit,tuned pipe,998 or 990 carb. Hope that gives u some ideas...

F-Fanatic

Definitely feeling a beastly new pipe on this sucker. Front and rear bearings and their respective housings are still in good shape. I've made a habit out of cleaning them well after every couple runs or so. At the same time I'm still thinkin' some fat new ones, though.

Diffs and shocks are all still in working order and I don't see much that needs replacing.

Gear plate is still stock. The $90 price tag on the flashy new plate is yikes. AFAIK aluminum is a fairly cheap commodity, ergo I'll have a hard time justifying what seems like a serious rip-off. Anyone here familiar with the benefits of a new one?

I've looked into a new carb as well. Definitely getting a new cone filter for my current one, even if I don't buy a new one. Any decent performance gains to be had out of a nice carby?

I'm also not familiar with he engines they plunk on these. I'm assuming some chinese-manufactured generic motor. The majority of the hop-ups I see are aimed at Bajas and the Losi five. Anyone here that can educate me on getting these parts over on to the XB?

Cheers,

FFanatic.

G

The Walbro 998, 990 and 813 are all nice carbs and work well with the HY 30.5. The HY is basically a copy of the CY. The parts are interchangeable. It's a decent motor. It will last a good long time if taken care of.

The plastic gear plates are prone to cracking after awhile. If it goes out it normally will ruin a gear or two. An inexpensive fix is the plastic MT plate. It's much beefier. It takes larger bearings also.

phreerider

ALLOY gear plate with oversize bearing!, alloy hubs, radio upgrade, HPI adapters, fat azz tires.

pipe and carb (990), some hitec servos get started man,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts