• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

5 hours in brake in won't start now

JasonSimp

Ok hey there every one just got a chimera sr about a month ago braking it slow about a tank at a time or 45 min Here's my problem went to warm it up come on little open but mostly on fried right up in to pulls ran for about 3 min then died and would not start at all after that pulled the plug soaked in gas cleaned it nothing put the plug next to the hole gets lots of spark start to put it back in the spark gets weak and was pushing some what hard for the ground Want to check the coil but don't know the specs and or gap to the fly wheel so don't want to pull it off yet Want to but a new coils but out of stock going to buy a 100 if I can at 5 bucks Any info will help never heard of coils going out that fast Be awesome if they will make a external coil pack set up for these cars

rcgasser

To set your coil gap just put a business card between the coil and the flywheel before you tighten the bolts down. Also did you try a different plug?

G

If your plug is wet it's flooded.

What are your needles set at?

JasonSimp

All stock setting for brake in can't get one all out of stock but I cleaned it after every run to clean off brake in junk just stuck my fingers in the plug wire and touched the plug a elc lighter has more of a spark that came off the coil

JasonSimp

You know the NGK# I get no help from the parts store they type the stock plug number in and say sorry we don't have it

JasonSimp

Ok I put my finger in the plug wire again now I get nothing when I touch the plug but when I touch the coil I get zapped Did the plug brake

JasonSimp

Ah nice hope it's just a dumb plug friends say their tmaxx's are fast then my sr being stock

BertR

If you have a local power equipment shop ..you can plugs from them! I know that the auto parts stores always sell me the longest plug they can find lol.

Phill

BertR said:
If you have a local power equipment shop ..you can plugs from them! I know that the auto parts stores always sell me the longest plug they can find lol.
Mower shops carry them too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts