• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

4,000 Oz servo!

rchobby89

id go with the hitec 5755 I have one in my xsc its awsome you can find um new on ebay for like 70 bucks

Trip..

cherryride said:
My moneys on the Hitec servo's ! They are proven as top of the line servo's you can depend on.
I've owned 15 Hitec servos and two Hitec servo programmers and every single one of them has failed on me. That's over $900 in servos in the past 15 years! So unless they offer a 150% money back guarantee, pay off my car, cover my mortgage and come over to my house to bathe my dog, Hitec can stand in line to kiss my ass. I'm done sending my hard earned money to Korea...

They have failed from heat (when it gets too hot outside)

They have failed from cold (when it's cold outside)

They have failed from sitting in a box for 2 years while never being used.

They have failed from a 1/4 inch deep puddle. (servo looked dry)

One even failed the second I hooked it up to my receiver, it just smoked.

Yes I know how to set my endpoints, I've been in this hobby for 25 years.

Now on the contrary, I've never had an Airtronics, Traxxas, Futaba or FMA servo fail on me, just Hitec's. I don't care what they do, they will never get another penny from me, hell I wouldn't even use them if they sent them to me for free.

Sorry to come off as such a prick, but I've had nothing but problems from Hitec for 15 years and it's hard to say anything nice about a company that refuses to stand behind their products.

Now, does anyone know if that GWS will fit in an X series?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I have never had a problem with them. However, I like to oversize my servos. I can say I've seen them smoke on a friends car. It was replaced by hitec. The burnt one did have to be sent in first, though.

TerraKill

Savox fan here :p

havnt had one fail on me yet.

hitec are dam good for there money tho!!! id never turn one down if it was painted orange :p

ps, DAM that servo is overkill haha, looks more industrial then hobby

TerraKill

Trip.. said:
Sorry to come off as such a prick, but I've had nothing but problems from Hitec for 15 years and it's hard to say anything nice about a company that refuses to stand behind their products.
:) didnt you learn after the first few years :p

I Agree with tripp .. i crash 2 planes with a ''good servos'' hum hum from hitec , serious, i buy anytime a turnigy or brand like this over an Hitec !!

i have a turnigy on my nitro ofna ravager car .. this for 2 years of racing, jumping , smashing .. and he work great todays .. lol ! i paid 25 $ .. metal gears and high torque and speed ..

Trip..

Back in 2001 I had 14 Nitro R/C cars and that's when the failure started. They all died for simple reasons. Now granted I've had quite a few Hitec's that lasted for a year or two, but they just did what they were supposed to do. I was complaining about the other 15 that puked for no reason. Shit I didn't even mention the 4 that I smoked because of epa being out of whack or because of puddles that drown the R/C.

Every time I have sent the servos back to Hitec, I get the same thing. "Well Mr. Gibbs, we're sorry, but your servos are not covered by our warranty, even though they are only 3 weeks old. You can replace your $156 servo for the low price of $129... But we need to keep the old servos." Sounds fishy to me!

I'm done with Hitec, if that were the only servo made, I'd get out of R/C and take up stamp collecting, luckily for me, I don't have too.

Thanks Obeast, I was afraid it would be too tall. I figured it would be in the way of the front center driveshaft.

I guess I will have to pick one up for the FG's, they (fg's) don't care how tall the servo is.

Trip..

TerraKill said:
:) didnt you learn after the first few years :p
You would think so, but there was a while there that you couldn't buy a powerful servo for less than 200 bux, unless it was a Hitec. Airtronics were weak at the time and Futaba's were way overpriced. I bought a few FMA's but they weren't as powerful as the specs led me to believe...

I didn't have much of a choice until the Airtronics 94361Z came out in early 2003. That's when the game changed. Servos started becoming more powerful at a lower price. Thank you Airtronics!

Deluge

TerraKill said:
Savox fan here :p havnt had one fail on me yet.

hitec are dam good for there money tho!!! id never turn one down if it was painted orange :p

Agreed. Never had a problem with the Hitec's.

G

TerraKill said:
Savox fan here :p havnt had one fail on me yet.

That is a robotic servo for sure!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts