• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2nd truck. Decisions Decisions

Silent_chaos

Well, after a lot of internal debate whether to get a roller 5ive or dbxl or FG onroad or a clone baja, I guess i have rounded up my decision between the dbxl and clone baja 5b.

With Kraken RCs sidewinder SX5 coming up (see pics below), i will most probably go with a clone baja from King Motors For 550$

Meanwhile, im gona upgrade the differential, clutch, front and rear top plate, pinions and gears all the way to shock mounts (all from Turtle Racing). Also, install the FLM extended arms, ddm pipe with hostile tires.

6agevyqa.jpg

qu4anu6y.jpg

e6agehym.jpg

Is there anyone who could convince me otherwise? Why should i take the underpowered dbxl? The baja will cost me overall around 2.5k$ in a course of 5-6 months.

The clone comes 2wd with a 30.5cc 4 bolt motor.

The dbxl is underpowered by a 23cc motor but 4wd but it's a losi.

The pics are exactly how i want to make the buggy look like.

claude bigelow

The few times I've run the dbxl I liked it. But with parts still being on back order, can't say I could really recommend it to anybody. Over time I plan to make it the beast that I want it to be. As of now I would go with the car in the pics, it's Mean!!!

Silent_chaos

Anyone else? RCDAD?

im going to put the order after half an hour

G

I've been impressed by the DBXL. I never run the stock motors so I did not care that it came with a 23cc. I threw in one of my Redcat 30.5 pull outs just for now. It goes pretty good. It's only around 25lbs.

Silent_chaos

I might be getting this baja. It's genuine.

Your thoughts?

26cc motor. Has a lot of upgraded Aluminum parts from KM. (Its a meh but it is a genuine hpi, i checked).

It has a pcsc(power control slipper clutch) doesn't make your baja lose its tail on rough corners and piggy shocks. It also Has the flysky lcd screen radio

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

Yeah it looks nice. Needs a ddm pipe for more power. But too much power and ull start doin wheelies. Not a big fan.

I will most prabably grab it tomorrow

G

I would do it just to run one of the cool cage kits available.

Silent_chaos

Yeah the class 1 tsk.

Kraken is gona release the class1 tsk B (2nd edition) along with the above Sidewinder SX5

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
I would do it just to run one of the cool cage kits available.

1st generation vs 2nd generation which has the tsk class B (bottom cage)

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
Is that plastic or metal?
a very strong plastic..

Their chassis's material is super tough Polymer fused with 4mm steel plate.

they have full warranty if you happen to break one no questions asked.

Silent_chaos

Guess who was added to the family today.

With gt3b radio, A lot of integy aluminum upgrades, pcsc hpi (costs like 200$), new set of bowtie proline tires with desperado rims, piggy shocks, all genuine HPI, 26cc stock motor with stock pipe. All for 875$

Good deal?

(Note that my country sells the stock hpi brand new unused for 1800$)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts