• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 Stacks & an Air Filter

grizzledcamudgen

Howdy ho neighbors,

Could anyone help me with the K&N air filter?

I want to use my K&N! So far now I have bought Two, II, that's 2! :eek: velocity stacks and neither one works! lol

Is there an angled velocity stack for the K&N, not the HPI shred stack, I have that one but for the K&N? I just bought a straight velocity stack (for K&N) yesterday and it's a no go due to the throttle linkage.

:eek: Help me OBI-WAN KENOBI!

krashkrieg

Contributor
hey, I don't want to be the one to burst your bubble, I am not the expert by any stretch...but I don't recall ever seeing a K&N angled on a Ramp.

Also, as great as they are on your quad, the general consensous they are best left for street only driving...they don't do nearly as good of a job as the HPI one on an RC.

IF you plan on not getting it in the dirt much you should be OK but will most likely have to cross linkages.

scaremonger

if you use that type of filter. don't run it in dirt or dust. bad idea.

chevy

K&n makes a angled shortstack that should give you mre room ill add a link to it when I get to a computer

DemonRC

I concur that the K&N will suck in dirt if used as is. Some guys say that if you have an inner filter and run an Outerwares that it will be fine.

chevy

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl;jsessionid=c1V3MYpS1FQQsCZv22LxL0WJqSNkJ0nKstjgtr6GD0T2RBSnMBQxp2z60WfzwHGwZyYdYkQQ5Gq0HypshQW13fVcs1yPZQxLdLQGG1mJpQhD206TgYxBG10yybmKKRJ4!1751332159?c=885035&n=1&it=A&id=6654

this is the filter you were talking about??

catchaser and scaremonger are right they suck if used for offroad you can get a redneck 2-stage, with an outerwears pre-filter for it and it might work for you, i suggest getting the angled shread-stack and using the stock hpi baja filter with a redneck 2-stage and a outerwears pre-filter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts