• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 speed trans?

Ruffy

I want to know if some one has finished a 2 speed trans for the MT yet?

rob64n

Contributor
Ruffy said:
I want to know if some one has finished a 2 speed trans for the MT yet?
look in my album, and you will see one............ It's from Demon RC

lamarw1981

I emailed them last week and they said that they were waiting on the gears. So I will email them again and ask for a release date.

TerraKill

you guys are so impatient just think, everytime you email him he has to stop what hes doing and reply :p stop stalling him!!!!!

im sure he will let us all know when there avaliable, then i can buy them all :D

DemonRC

Testing has been done for quite some time. We've finished alot of the pieces but still have to get the gears done. Since there are so many combinations of gears it's a big expensive job and had to wait untill we were ready for it. We're about to start on the gears this month so I expect everything to be ready as soon as we get them back into our hands.

racetruck

here's rob64n buggie with the proto type 2 speed just after it lost a pin in side and exploed that is why it has taking a little longer to work out the bugs

PA150608.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruffy

racetruck said:
here's rob64n buggie with the proto type 2 speed just after it lost a pin in side and exploed that is why it has taking a little longer to work out the bugs PA150608.jpg
That looks like a job for JB Weld lol.

oznjo

Interesting, you guys are experencing the same problem alot of guys on HPI BAJA forum are who have put High Output motors with a 2 speed in their Baja!! They are a rippin out pins too. Makes me wonder if the pawl & pin design 2 speed can handle the power output of highly modified motors? Maybe going to a harder grade of steel would resolve the problem?

Ruffy

Do you have a pic of where the pin came out of? I see the broken gear but where is this pin supposed to be located at please? This should be a simple fix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts