• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 quick questions please if I may......

freekshow

am looking for a stand or rotating table for my XB that i can sit it on when cleaning it or working on it. I would prefer a rotating table/stand but do not see a whole lot for 1/5 scale .

2) when my xb is idling the wheels spin and the xb wants to go forward a bit even though the radio and battery is off. .. almost like the throttle is engaged to make the xb creep a little bit. When i lift it off the ground, the wheels really spin quickly and fast. ... is this normal? ??

Thanks for your help !!

ika

Check throttle trim position on remote, maybe need to adjust.

Ice_2k

2 quick questions please if I may......

I had the same issue when 1st started my redcat. In my case the idle screw needed a couple of counter clockwise turns to bring down the idle rpm. If that doesn't do it for you:

1. First of all, never turn on your receiver with the transmitter off.

2. Look at your carb hammer and engage the brakes using your remote. Did the carb hammer move? If it did, you need to adjust your throttle trim on your transmitter, your "zero" might keep it slightly accelerated.

3. Try to do all this testing with the car suspended to avoid burning your clutch.

BertR

On your first question... Take a computer chair and remove the seat...its not great for looks but works like a champ.

blak__jak

for a stand I've mounted a lazy susan bearing,that you get at almost any lowes or store like that, to a piece off plywood, top and bottom, than mounted that to a milk crate. this way you can rotate your truck when working on it and also stack two or more crates to adjust height. another nice thing about this idea is that when you go out bashing you can just flip the crate over fill it with all the crap your taking and have it to use when you break something at the field. I also covered the plywood with carpet to help keep the truck from moving around when it's running. this has worked out well for me and I've had to make several for other people after they saw mine. it's cost affective too since the bearings are only 6 or 7 bucks and the rest of the stuff you can usually find lying around. I'm not so sure the milk companies would be real keen on this but it seems that they don't keep that great of track of their crates.

jaygreig

Blak Jak is right on with the lazy Susan idea...I used a boat seat swivel mounted on top of a plywood box with a drawer for my bench top swivel. As for a stand, Home Depot has the Rigid stand that is good as is, even better when you chop it up and weld in swivels with locking positions.

jaygreig

Being that was my first post here, I have to admit I love seeing my name with "Junior member" below it lol.

Phill

BertR said:
On your first question... Take a computer chair and remove the seat...its not great for looks but works like a champ.
I use a bar stool

Height adjustable and it rotates

$15 at K Mart

There's a thread on here somewhere with a pic

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts