• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

1717 motor

landmissle

So today I took a CC 1717 motor out of my converted losi XXL (way over powered) and put it in the XB-E. I was shocked at the difference it made over the stock motor. I know the 1717 is 1580kv vice the stock 980kv. I didn't think the 1717 would have the torque to back up the higher kv rating. Even with 7.5" diameter tires (trenchers) the motor temps stayed in the mid 150's after 15 minutes of full throttle bashing. So now I will put a smaller motor in the XXL. On 6S I could never give it full throttle anyway. Just the motor change out has completely transformed this car into something pretty crazy!

bigfol

landmissle said:
So today I took a CC 1717 motor out of my converted losi XXL (way over powered) and put it in the XB-E. I was shocked at the difference it made over the stock motor. I know the 1717 is 1580kv vice the stock 980kv. I didn't think the 1717 would have the torque to back up the higher kv rating. Even with 7.5" diameter tires (trenchers) the motor temps stayed in the mid 150's after 15 minutes of full throttle bashing. So now I will put a smaller motor in the XXL. On 6S I could never give it full throttle anyway. Just the motor change out has completely transformed this car into something pretty crazy!
What size pinion gear are using on it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts