• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

10mm XB wheel axles

amstel78

Does anyone happen to know the part numbers for the XB front and rear wheel axles that are 10mm in size?

The manual has p/n: 710020 for the rear axle but it looks like the older 6mm part. Interestingly enough, I couldn't find any p/n for the fronts.

Edit: OK, found this through Redcat's website: http://www.redcatracing.com/710020_2

According to the description, these are hardened 10mm rear wheel axles.

And then there's this: http://www.redcatracing.com/07143_2

They're also 10mm rear wheel axles but they don't mention they're hardened. The price is also less than the one before.

I still wasn't able to find a specific number for the front wheel axles although I'm surprised they're different. I thought the wheel axles at all 4 corners would be the same? Finally, anyone know what the difference is between the two parts I linked to above apart from the hardening? Is the hardened version significantly stronger?

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
OK, The first two are axles for Dogbone setup...Any Redcat part numbers in the 70 thousand range are the hardened version of the regular part #. I believe they are much harder.

Your second post is for the stub axle for the CVD setup if you already have that setup.

If I remember on my XT the fronts are CVDs and the rears are dogbone. I think that's why?

amstel78

Interesting... I don't have the car in front of me as I'm still at work, but I thought the XB uses dog bones for both front and rear wheels? I'll have to double check when I get home. I'm pretty certain I have the 10mm axles already but I wanted to be sure in case I had to order replacements.

I take it these are the parts for XB's running a CVD up front?

http://www.redcatracing.com/07144_2

BTW, I've never been crazy about CVDs as I recall breaking them before in my other RC cars. If I wanted to, can I just slap some rear wheel axles up front and replace the CVD with dog bones?

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
amstel78 said:
Interesting... I don't have the car in front of me as I'm still at work, but I thought the XB uses dog bones for both front and rear wheels? I'll have to double check when I get home. I'm pretty certain I have the 10mm axles already but I wanted to be sure in case I had to order replacements.I take it these are the parts for XB's running a CVD up front?

http://www.redcatracing.com/07144_2

BTW, I've never been crazy about CVDs as I recall breaking them before in my other RC cars. If I wanted to, can I just slap some rear wheel axles up front and replace the CVD with dog bones?
Yes, I've been thinking about doing the same thing...not a big fan of CVDs either...too many probs...

Ol' fart

Just for the record, all axles are 10mm. It's the thread at the end of the axle that is differant.

amstel78

Ol said:
Just for the record, all axles are 10mm. It's the thread at the end of the axle that is differant.
Just what I discovered earlier after watching a video on YouTube. Now your wheel adapter choice makes perfect sense to me. Speaking of which, when will they be back in stock?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

amstel78

I got an email back from Redcat regarding the use of dog bones up front. He says:

"You would not be able to use dogbones up front as with the steering angle the vehicle is able to achieve the dogbones will pop out. You can however use the CVD set up in the rear of the vehicle."

Hasn't this already been done though with no negative results?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts