• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

050028 Blue Aluminum Air Filter

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Nah, but I get a good laugh at the commercials. desismileys_0295.gif
Shoot if I'm stuck in the middle of no where I do want one desismileys_1833.gif lol! J/K ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
Guys I'm thinking about something like this http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/filters/angled-uni-air-filter.html

or

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/filters/3-uni-filter.html

Nice and clean... professional looking.... it says that it needs a v stack? Are V stack prone to air leak? Please let me know....
Velocity stacks aren't prone to air leaks unless it's the type with the built in choke. A DDM velocity stack will work with that filter.

DDM Velocity Stack (3/4" height)

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
But Rcdad my XB body is cut on the windshield... completely open... it should work right?
Yep. It'll work. The cut windshield allows fresh air to get into the carb and the body. Gets rid of all that hot air coming off of the engine. Back when I ran nitro's, I used to cut a hole in the windshield. Better cooling. desismileys_3254.gif

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yep. It'll work. The cut windshield allows fresh air to get into the carb and the body. Gets rid of all that hot air coming off of the engine. Back when I ran nitro's, I used to cut a hole in the windshield. Better cooling. desismileys_3254.gif
Deluge.... Looks like DDM is out. If I order the stack from OBR, it will work with my engine and the nice filter from OBR too? Is that all I need? Any special gasket?

Deluge

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
DDM has this one. It's the same thing, just 1" tall instead of 3/4".DDM Tall RC / CY Velocity Stack (1" height)

Also, you'll want to run an Outerwears or a TGN Redneck with that filter. You keep the XB on pavement most of the time, but better safe than sorry.

DDM carries those filters, as well.

Uni Air Filter (3" height)

Angled Short Stack Uni Air Filter (1.75" height)

Here's the TGN Redneck, in case you want to check it out...

Redneck Prefilter for "Short Stack" Unifilters
The tall stack from DDM.... it simply replace my stock plastic filter and foam huh? Should I use the teflon or should I use the gasket that comes with the V stack? I don't think this V stack is angled? I like the 3'' filter but it may not fit unless I mess with my linkage. I don't want to order and then having to ship it back or being force to mod my linkage :D So maybe the 1.75 will be more practical?

Deluge

Use the gasket that comes with the velocity stack. You don't need to replace the Teflon gasket, because it's between the carb and the intake. The gasket they provide goes between the carb and the velocity stack. Just remove the stock filter assembly and bolt the stack on. Then clamp the new filter onto the stack. Easy. And, no it's not angled. If you want to keep the linkages where they are, then yes, the 1.75" would be fine.

G

If you not using the angled stack it will still hit the linkages. The DT1 is the one that won't hit the linkages on a standard stack. I have tried them all. LOL

Ildy666

On the dt1 filters.If u cut a small 1inch round spring down to the size of the filter and stick inside it will keep the inside of the filter from closing in on itself.i do it to my filters it works good..

G

The DT1 is this air filter.

-

9396da52.jpg

Deluge

Ildy666 said:
On the dt1 filters.If u cut a small 1inch round spring down to the size of the filter and stick inside it will keep the inside of the filter from closing in on itself.i do it to my filters it works good..
Yeah, that was a concern. Looks like the DT1 is a little restrictive. But the spring mod would help, for sure.

G

Ildy666 said:
Glad i can help add to the forum...
You just did my friend :cool:

This is the shorter section of a rear Baja spring stuffed in my DT1. Works awesome!

-

e04cf100.jpg

G

It did not change the outside shape. From the outside you can't tell it's in there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts