• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

well it arrived

Quadfather

got a phone call this morning from the hobby shop... the Rampage is in.... i was giddy like a child christmas morning... so after work i trecked down to take ownership of my new child... anyway holy #$%@ is this thing large... the fella who owns the hobby shop pulled the truck out inspected the whole truck, loctited the grub screws and fasteners, set up failsafe and tested all electrical. well break in tomorrow. instal all the goodies as well...

shout out to the hobby shop

Chris's house

Hamilton Ontario Canada

this guy is all about customer service, and knows his stuff about any RC. highly recomended.

ChuenouXiao

Quadfather said:
got a phone call this morning from the hobby shop... the Rampage is in.... i was giddy like a child christmas morning... so after work i trecked down to take ownership of my new child... anyway holy #$%@ is this thing large... the fella who owns the hobby shop pulled the truck out inspected the whole truck, loctited the grub screws and fasteners, set up failsafe and tested all electrical. well break in tomorrow. instal all the goodies as well... shout out to the hobby shop

Chris's house

Hamilton Ontario Canada

this guy is all about customer service, and knows his stuff about any RC. highly recomended.
Dam... that is what you call customer service.. .heck if I was you I would of tipped him. That's so nice of him....

Keith81

Welcome aboard!

Congrats!!!

Lets see some pictures!!!

vortech

Nice to hear....I live in London so not to far from this store. Does he have a good selection of parts for the XB?

Quadfather

performance parts yes plenty, other parts not so much in stock but can get within a couple days, he will do what it takes to get the business, and keep it, thats the general feel i get when i speak to people that deal with him.

and pics to come. boooyahhh

tsudo5th

Hey quadfather you mind if I asked how you personally broke in your engine? I am still on my first tank right now doing heat cycle first.

Quadfather

yep no problem.

i did 3 heat cycles

1st start up with temp gauge in hand got motor up to 150 degrees shut it off, let cool to outside air temp.

2nd start up temp gauge in hand again let idle until 190 degrees shut it off let cool again.

3rd start temp gauge again, let idle with the ocasional blip to clear its throat monitor temp, i found it hovers around 180-190 with the tuning from factory. i let it idle for about 20 min or so bliping thorrotle, at this point i burned through about 3/4 of a tank of fuel. shut it down and let it cool again.

at this point i took some time admireing the beast and had a beverage, you can decide what type you like to endulge in. i prefer one with barley and hops....

anyway after 20 min or so filled up the tank fired it up got it up to 160-170ish and then began to drive it around the back yard taking it up to 1/2 thorottle backing off and then up again. it also get you familiar with the truck and set up your trim. taking temps every so often as well truck is up to 180-190ish. run time is about 20-30 min, i let idle went into my shop grabbed my screw driver and spark plug wrench its fun time now.... make sure you have an open space and start drivin. bringing it up 3/4 thorottle and down again for about 10 min or so checking temps you should be 200ish. little bit less than a 1/2 tank left, i started to feed the coals to the fire down the back yard wide open for about 150yards turn around repeat. tuning in between runs. i found the motor after tuning was at about 225degree mark. so one final run at wide open toward you stop it and kill the motor. at this point i pulled the plug and checked the color and did a final temp of 230degree. i let cool filled the tank and went out for a normal run through the whole rpm range.

you will get 20 diffrent views on break in. this is one that has worked for me in the past and have been using for years. just the method i used. i also use a good quality premix oil full synthetic.

hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts