• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cadimman's New MT

Cadimman

Well I got the body painted. Many mistakes as I became impatient (again), but tried to make it look authentic. Painted lights and everything. Will probably put the RAMPAGE decal on the top of the windshield. Otherwise there is no stickers. Lots of chrome that doesn't look as shiny as through my 1/10 bodies, but turned out OK. Now I'm motivated to complete the build.

Benspics2432.jpg

Benspics2431.jpg

Benspics2433.jpg

lightning73

Wow that looks sharp! I like how you painted the lights, grille, and graphics, it turned out awesome!

racetruck

Looks good i have heard with the spaxtic chrome paint you have to get 2 feet away and spray it on in very light coats to get a better look of chrome but your truck looks good :D

jeffp83

Sweet looking machine! The body looks great and the orange a-arms go nice with the blue pieces. Noticed the diff cup savers.. can I ask where you found these gems? :)

Cadimman

jeffp83 said:
Sweet looking machine! The body looks great and the orange a-arms go nice with the blue pieces. Noticed the diff cup savers.. can I ask where you found these gems? :)
Bought it like that from 5thscalecanada. He was selling stuff off on HBF. This unit is all brand new. Bought it as you see it. Still have to install the 29cc and side Dominator...

Cadimman

racetruck said:
Looks good i have heard with the spaxtic chrome paint you have to get 2 feet away and spray it on in very light coats to get a better look of chrome but your truck looks good :D
I use Alclad. Does increadible chrome on all my other bodies. This one is thicker and less like lexan than my others. It's almost rubbery... BTW around the headlamps is NOT chrome; I was trying to make it look like the clear plastic perimeter on the stock lights lol.

The whole paint job seems not as clear as I'm used to. Should look good a full speed in a cloud of dust!! :D

jeffp83

Cadimman said:
Bought it like that from 5thscalecanada. He was selling stuff off on HBF. This unit is all brand new. Bought it as you see it. Still have to install the 29cc and side Dominator...
Oh ok gotcha. Been looking for those drive cup savers but nobody seems to make them anymore. That 29cc should rip in there, have fun!

Cadimman

Thanks guys. People always tell me that. All my bodies get trashed. It's part of the hobby. I just like it to look good doing it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts