• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

yet another oil choice

alfred e numan

Red Line 2 cycle oil. I have started using this oil in my older wr 200 yamaha. The tm 30 ss power jet carb is set up factory for 24-1. This could be a factor why the nickaseal bore still has the factory cross hatch marks on it. the yammerhammer is a 1992. There is a 01 rm 125 in the basement now, bought a mint condition 02 frame, took it down the metal and applied sem self etching primer, color kote urban metallic gray base, 2 coats of clear cote. looks better than new. Having the shock- forks revalved for single track trails. -- I will hopefully ride it soon. Over the winter, the engine will become a 151 stroker. with eric gorr option 1 porting, more low - midrange with the ablity to chug. This is a light fast turming mount with a 6 speed. under 200 pounds too. long live 2 strokes! braaaappp!! Check out redlines 2 stroke oil site folks-- these guys actually mike parts -- run the engines, disassemble and remike showing the numbers to the public on there data site. not just making claims with words on bottles like everyone else does.

BertR

I ran the 2t in one of my engines and I shit you not.. There I was looking at the the tore apart mill on the bench shiny as a free licked plate. I dropped the use of yamalube for redline and castor 927.

It's good shit Manerd!

Ildy666

Loving the bike build info Alfred . I'm a 2 stroke maniac.just telling my oldest son while watching X games that all the freestyle bikes that r being used in competition are all still 2strokes.light and instant power.also anyone who rides a thumper knows it's a bear to handle and start.hence 2 strokes still king for instant thrill...

BertR

Ildy666 said:
Loving the bike build info Alfred . I'm a 2 stroke maniac.just telling my oldest son while watching X games that all the freestyle bikes that r being used in competition are all still 2strokes.light and instant power.also anyone who rides a thumper knows it's a bear to handle and start.hence 2 strokes still king for instant thrill...
I couldn't agree more! I have a 81 Rm250 I call the Bob special.. Most dependable and thrilling machine I have ever owned. Only if I could find a stator assembly for the 80 Pe400 enduro I may die happy.

Ildy666

BertR said:
I couldn't agree more! I have a 81 Rm250 I call the Bob special.. Most dependable and thrilling machine I have ever owned. Only if I could find a stator assembly for the 80 Pe400 enduro I may die happy.
I got alot of friends that have boxes of old relic parts.maybe a stator is there somewhere?I'll see if can get that checked off ur bucket list....LOL....

alfred e numan

great bike boneyard

bert r? get hold of these guys. Recycled Cycles. 2222.W Hayden, ID. 83835. 1-800-365.9530. --- 208-772-2645. I hit the road @ 4am last saturday, arrived there @ 8 AM. bought a complete 01 rm 125 shock for 105 dollars, Traded a new paddle tire for a 01 rm airbox & intake boot. bought a few other odds & ends, Ate & coffeed up- was home & 3:30 pm. bout 500 mile trip, glad i have a suzuki swift. fuel costs. will post photos later, hit the wall for food, had to eat.-- time to spin wrenches now.

alfred e numan

oh--- on the stator--- theres this guy in califorina-- have no adress, its called Ricky Stator-- this guys top notch-- rewinds stators. check it out. Dave in pilot rock. aka- a numan.

BertR

I talked to a guy a while back that builds custom drag bikes or anything fast in Boise and be said he can build me a custom ignition system for 500 but I will need a wheellie bar lol. The 81 Rm is plenty fast for me!!! I don't think I need to get more than I can handle . I had something that had a power curve and a mean streak and now happy to call it my Ex wife hahaha.....I will get in touch with him and see what he can do.

alfred e numan

I found this out by accdent. go to www.partszilla. find a bike-- oem parts. for example-- 01 rm 125 suzuki carb needle & seat assembly. click on the part after it comes up on the computer screen- it will show a list of all the bikes this part also fits! this is the only site i have found that does this, its a huge advantage in finding a part off other bikes that will fit. Instant bike cross referance. --- dave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.