• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xt with a short course body

jeeper049687

Ok so the last few months and I have only gotten my xt out once. It was in about 8 inches of snow and it was awesome but I did break the body. Since then I got some imex wheels and tires the 7075 adapters that are amazing good quality. These tire are smaller than stock I'm wondering if a short course style body will fit or if I'm going to have problems either with tires rubbing or exhaust causing melt I don't want to save up for a high end grafil body and end up ruining it the first time out if I could get the xsc body at my hobby store for 50 bucks and if it breaks o well. What do you think I'm really liking the xsc look not ready for another truck yet just need a body View attachment 5997

G

The XSC body will fit. You can always adjust the body post and or trim the wheel wells if need be.

jeeper049687

Exactly how strong are the grafil bodies? There's a few on pitstop that would look really cool. Do you think I would have any tire rub issues?

jeeper049687

I really love the 5ive-gt but ouch on the price same thing on the evo 2. Don't think there would be any exhaust melting issues with the backs looking open if it is open back there how are they mounted? My wife wants an xt this summer so maybe I would be better off getting an xsc and robbing the body and bumpers and picking up a new xt body

RaMpaGeMuLiShA

This is my buddy's collection On the left is the rampage sc stock On the right is the rampage xt with the redcat shredder sc body Personally I like the rampage xt with the shredder body looks mean. I have an extra shredder body that I will mount up with my xt on Imex wheel tire combo and post pic later for you

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/image.jpg.bfe7c5490bec2a91b37eb1628e265dce.jpg

jeeper049687

thanks guys for the replies. but really no issues with the exhaust melting out the back of the xsc style bodies. the tailgate completly melted away on my xt so i just cut it off.i've heard good things about tune pipes so that will be a future mod. i can weld stainless steel so if i get some tubing i might make one up and play around but if i buy one, would like it to be rear exit any sugjestions on this with a sc body? I've got my truck durable with some of the required hopups but i would like it to look good too now, and still be more than a shelf queen. everyone loves running it to much to just look at it.

RaMpaGeMuLiShA

Get some tubing and direct it down after the pipe if your worried about body melting. Seemed to work for my buddy with stock pipe

BertR

If you look at my photo album ...there is a pic with xsc body 5B rears on all 4 and a rear dom that is nicely tucked in the butt of the body with no issues. Wow that sounds pretty bad

G

jeeper049687 said:
Exactly how strong are the grafil bodies? There's a few on pitstop that would look really cool. Do you think I would have any tire rub issues?
If you want a stronger body I recomend you wait for the version 2 to come in. They will fit better and are made of a more durable polycarbonate.

G

BertR said:
If you look at my photo album ...there is a pic with xsc body 5B rears on all 4 and a rear dom that is nicely tucked in the butt of the body with no issues. Wow that sounds pretty bad
LOL

G

RaMpaGeMuLiShA said:
This is my buddy's collection On the left is the rampage sc stock

On the right is the rampage xt with the redcat shredder sc body

Personally I like the rampage xt with the shredder body looks mean.

I have an extra shredder body that I will mount up with my xt on Imex wheel tire combo and post pic later for you
That shredder body is a nice fit. I like it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts