• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT will not start

jbkel

These Rampages are starting to give me a headache lol. Took the XT out for a bash and it started right up and ran fine for the first 30 minutes on the first tank then while just cruising along it died. I can't for the life of me get the thing started again.

I have made sure that the tank cap is clear and even tried to start it with the cap off. I have tried with and without the choke and have pulled the plug several times and it is always wet. I can dry it out and put it back in pull it 3 times and pull it and it will be wet. I have checked and it has spark and everything is tight. Any Ideas?

BertR

If you have spark and the plug is wet at 3 pulls try leaning out the low speed needle and readjust it when it is running . Just sounds like your swamping the plug a bit

G

jbkel said:
These Rampages are starting to give me a headache lol. Took the XT out for a bash and it started right up and ran fine for the first 30 minutes on the first tank then while just cruising along it died. I can't for the life of me get the thing started again.I have made sure that the tank cap is clear and even tried to start it with the cap off. I have tried with and without the choke and have pulled the plug several times and it is always wet. I can dry it out and put it back in pull it 3 times and pull it and it will be wet. I have checked and it has spark and everything is tight. Any Ideas?
If you plug gets wet. Drying the plug won't help as there is liquid fuel in the cylinder. When it is that flooded you need to take the plug out, turn the engine upside down and give it a few pulls to clear out the fuel.

You can also pull the plug and let it dry out for 20-30 minutes. These little two strokes will never fire with liquid fuel in the combustion chamber.

GTS 666

RCDAD said:
If you plug gets wet. Drying the plug won't help as there is liquid fuel in the cylinder. When it is that flooded you need to take the plug out, turn the engine upside down and give it a few pulls to clear out the fuel. You can also pull the plug and let it dry out for 20-30 minutes. These little two strokes will never fire with liquid fuel in the combustion chamber.
Yep totally agree. She is flooded it is a shame that the new Cars don't come with a Walbro carb it would save people a shit load of headaches. :confused:

FancyPants

jbkel said:
No joy on anything I have tried and any of the suggestions. I have even been through this: http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63157 and nothing, not even a hiccup, cough, or fart. I am lost here.
have you pulled the filters off of the intake? and tried cranking it that way? also use the method mentioned above with flipping the car upside down and pull until you get the full out of the motor...we had the same issue, the thing just wouldn't crank for the life of us...fooled with it for 2-3 days, we finally thought to get the truck upside down pulled and it seemed like nothing was coming out...kept pulling and on the 7th pull, we had a puddle of fuel dump out of the motor...honestly I think the motor is just saturated with fuel. if you pull it about 10 times and nothing dumps out leave the plug and filters out of the engine for 24-48hrs and let the fuel evaporate out of the engine, then give it another go.

jbkel

Got it running, thanks for everybody's help.

Hayes371

I have a question, on a 2stroke dirtbike, when its flooded if you hold the throttle wide open and kick as fast as you can, usually starts everytime, unless the plug is fouled, does this technique work on these little engines?

jbkel

Not sure what it was, I let it set for a couple of days while I worked. I pulled the carb and associated pieces off and noticed some gas getting behind the gasket. I cleaned everything up and re installed everything. I took it out put some fuels in her and it fired right up. Not sure if it had anything to do with the carb or just flooded or a combo of both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts