• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT Tires

IVIayheIVI

Hey guys.

So now I'm shopping for tires. What are you guys using on your XT's? One of my tires came unglued today (2nd day) and the foam is already disintegrating and I'm seeing a lot of people are having the same issues.

So a set of converters to get HPI wheels on there... I like the look of the big knobby tires, but whatever..... if it has decent grip and is DURABLE I'll go for it.

I'm checking out sites to see what's available but also interested in your valued opinion.

Thanks!

Obeast44

Banned
I was in the same boat as you with my XBe wheels tires. My foams bit the dust before my tires started showing any wear on them. :mad:

I went to Walmart and bought a "pool noodle" for less than $3 and 6 tubes of Super glue. I boiled the tires off the rims, but some new foams out of the noddle and glued everything back together. So far they are holding up great and cost me around $20 to do.

IVIayheIVI

Good idea, I might look into that considering how much I'd be spending on 4 rims, tires and adapters. And yeah, the tires are like new.

powerslave69

new XT tires never used

IVIayheIVI said:
Good idea, I might look into that considering how much I'd be spending on 4 rims, tires and adapters. And yeah, the tires are like new.
Are you still looking to buy wheels. I still have my XT wheels. If this is what you're looking for. 100% new never touched the ground and still has 100% of the tread. I swithced to a different set of wheels.

I haven't read the rules of this forum as far as selling parts is concern. Am I breaking any rule for mentioning my XT wheels? don't want to get kick out of this forum. I love being part of this community. :D

powerslave69

thanks Rob

RampageHopUps said:
This particular forum has no rules for selling. Buyer beware is the only one.
Ok, thanks Rob. My dad used to be a cop and growing up he used to tell us that "ignorance of the law is never an excuse" so I'm applying that concept here too. Don't want to assume anything and risk being blacklisted :D

stalker77

I just did the same thing Obeast44 is talking about. If you do that expect it to take alot of time. The glue process is a killer. But worth saving some $.

IVIayheIVI

So I bought myself a pool noodle! I was shopping with a friend and saw them, so it was convenient. I've been looking at my flat tires and sighing...

So how exactly did you go about using this noodle to fill the tires? Did you glue the noodle to the rim? To the inside of the tire? How did you trim the noodle to fit? I'm assuming it wasn't a solid piece all the way around as the noodle is much smaller in diameter than the rims, unless you found a larger diameter noodle than I did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts