• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xt Stock Motor.. Low Power

NCBASHER

I know I don't have it broke in, but the motor really seems Weak to me. Does the stock 30.5 XT Motor come to life after few more Tanks ? I don't think I will do a Aftermarker Pipe due to noise.

NCBASHER

rob, the stock pipe that comes with the XT Truck is it a tuned pipe or is it just for looks ?

46u

Since you are breaking in the engine I am guessing you have the carb set to the default settings which is very rich. After 3 or 4 tanks start tuning the carb and the engine should wake up.

RampageHopUps

NCBASHER said:
rob, the stock pipe that comes with the XT Truck is it a tuned pipe or is it just for looks ?
It is tuned better than a can, and looks pretty good too. If you want a "tuned" pipe, you need to get into the $150 range.

NCBASHER

I see what happens when I fixed my trucked I've only ran tank before it went into 2wd mode. just got a grub screw for the front diff. that feel out

anything else I need to do.. ?

NCBASHER

Thank you Deluge. i am going through truck now check screws

46u

Deluge said:
H needle - 1 1/8 turns out from closed.L needle - 1 1/4 turns out from closed.
Keep in mind this is just a staring point and you will have to adjust the needles as needed. The default setting should be fairly rich.

krebidoux

mine came with a different setting. i kid you not these where the settings. 1 turn out on the high and .75 turns out on the low, and that was rich. rich enough that there was fuel coming out of the pipe. to get it running good after break in i went to .75h and .50L. and no the plug wasn't melting, as a matter of fact it was running good and the engine was at about 170 degrees f. since i put the jetpro on it i've got it now at 1.25h and 1L and thats seems to be just a little ritch. i don't like the stock motor nor the carb that much so i'm putting something a little nicer in it this winter.lol oh and i tried a different carb and the thing wouldn't run worth sh*t. spit and spudder and i couldn't get a tune with it so i went back to the stock carb.

46u

krebidoux said:
i tried a different carb and the thing wouldn't run worth sh*t. spit and spudder and i couldn't get a tune with it so i went back to the stock carb.
Did you try a genuine Walbro or another off brand?

DonJoJo

NCBASHER, i just received my DDM dominator side pipe in the mail today. To say it helos is an understatement. combined with the DDM short filter on the stock carb and stock engine. what a difference. Totally worth the 150- 160 whatever it was... look into it

G

Also keep in mind that the stock carbs can be a little weird. I notice on mine the tuning changes with temp. If it is in your budget upgrade to a walbro. It can be hit or miss. Some have no problems. :)

DonJoJo

Hey RCDAD< i looked at your trophy truck project and that came out awesome! you deffinitly have a set of skills and some patience! You seem to know a thing or two about a thing or two and i was wanting your input on a carberator that will work on the stock 30.5 but also work nicely on a decently modded 28 or 29 that i will have sooner than later..just waitin for my buddy to build it for me! he owns a gokart shop out here where he specializes in the 2 stroke shift kart engines! any input will be appreciated since i want to purchase one asap for the mill i have now..

G

mine came with a different setting. i kid you not these where the settings. 1 turn out on the high and .75 turns out on the low, and that was rich. rich enough that there was fuel coming out of the pipe. to get it running good after break in i went to .75h and .50L. and no the plug wasn't melting, as a matter of fact it was running good and the engine was at about 170 degrees f. since i put the jetpro on it i've got it now at 1.25h and 1L and thats seems to be just a little ritch. i don't like the stock motor nor the carb that much so i'm putting something a little nicer in it this winter.lol oh and i tried a different carb and the thing wouldn't run worth sh*t. spit and spudder and i couldn't get a tune with it so i went back to the stock carb.
Very similar to how mine needs to be set. I now have to set the low needle a little richer than I like or it stalls after WOT.

It still runs great, but carb obviously needs replacing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts