• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xsc

Topher

Seeing as there is not a specific spot for the XSC I'll post it here.It is way faster than even the XT,needs some support for the back part of the body too flimsy,bumpers break really easy but better a bumper than something more exspensive.Had some trouble with stalling might just need to vent the tank?Love that BODY,just looks awsome to me.I put the XSC tires on my XT and it woke it rite up,faster,more responsive,better steering,and looked better than those monster tires.Had to cross drill the body posts in the front to get the pins in,just too hard from front to back but side to side ok.Did have a mishap with the deck and it is out of comission just now,but think this is a great machine so far.Would like to hear from other XSC owners.

xxSwagxx

I changed out my front bumper to a Losi 5ive bumper since that bumper can take a beating. I will also be changing out the rear bumper once I break the stock. I added the adapters to fit Baja wheels and now it will be running with the rodeos I really like the way it lifted it giving it more clearance. I will post up some pics of it tomorrow.

RAMJET

I also was having trouble with my engine cutting out when it got hot ,temp was not bad when i checked it 220f. now that I have it broken in it's fine ,runs like a champ . my MT is doing the same thing on the first couple tanks. I used the lexan squares that came in the box to strengthen the rear of the body (used as doubler around the rear posts)my stock wheel bearings lasted no time (1-1/2 tanks at low speed), I changed them with some boca bearings I had laying around from one of my savages ,I have now put a couple of gallons of hard running on it with no further problems. I will do the 7075 upgrade if I don't a reasonable life out of them. The steering servo seems to be good but the plastic arm stripped on me . the throttle servo ,don't bother ,change it . I started getting a whining noise coming from it last night and am taking it apart now to see if I can track the problem . I will keep you posted on my findings.

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:

RAMJET

well kind of stumped on this one , pulled it all apart thinking it was a possible gear mesh problem in a diff ,or tranny gear bearing , but I have found nothing ???. great chance to lube everything . I will try it again and see if the whining has gone away .

has anyone heard this noise (whining sound that increases with speed )I have a very quiet custom exhaust and may be hearing things that others may not be able to hear . but the noise was not there for the first 2 gallons .the rear diff gears were a bit dry I guess it's possible they were getting too hot.

Roger

Tropher I was toying with the Idea of putting body post out the side of the body to further help stop it flapping around but that's a lot of body clips ,don't want it to become a nightmare to get the body off. it's a lot better with the extra lexan glued to the inside but could be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

You need to set the end points and linkage to stop before it starts to over throw.

davidjb

Is there a metal servo horn available that does not need a plastic insert?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online