• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xsc exhaust????

Dcc079

So I bent the factory tuned pipe in to the bafffle inside and the engine didn't want to run so I made one from sq tubing will running this hurt the motor?

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

The 2 stroke motor needs back pressure to work properly. Did it bend both exit stingers to the baffle?

BertR

it may be ok to run if it has some back pressure qualities give it a shot and let us know how well it works. For all we know it could preform better than the stock.

Dcc079

I tried to taper the 1 1/2 down to 1/2 as best I could with tube so as to creat some back pressure I just didn't want to burn up the engine I figured after the pic I might get a stop!!!! Don't use that lol

BertR

Well that is a call you will have to make lol. It may get hot as hell not being able to dissipate heat. I would go for a second opinion from a seasoned veteran at these motors

Dcc079

Without a dyno pull it'd be hard for me to realize what's happening as his is my first exp with gas and I just got thru the 4th tank ill run it and see how it does

BertR

If you want another stock pipe RCDAD has one for sale for 20 bucks and he lives in Mesa so it would be fast getting to you.

G

I really hate to sell that thing. The $20 is for the effort to stuff it in a box. LOL

If you want it you can have it! Shoot me a message and ill meet you somewhere. :)

Dcc079

Lol thank you I really just need to pull the trigger on a real tuned pipe the one I made is crude but it'll get me by for two weeks

Dcc079

Got it mounted pic to come so far it doesn't have much pull low end it kinda bogs down but when it gets wound up It seems to be faster overall I haven't tuned it yet its just broken in with the fac carb I have a 990 in route hoping to tune it and see what it'll do I'll post pic of it mounted it is a perfect fit no mods didn't cut anything still have all of the rear bumper and its a rear exit at about the same angle as the shock and a ways from the body after the carb and tuning ill report the progress

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts