• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XSC Desert Rat Body

BountyHunter03

Hey guys I am working on giving my XSC a new look. I have ordered some Proline tires and hub adapters and put them on my XSC. I have also ordered a proline desert rat body from RC Pit Stop and seeing about getting it on the truck.

Was having some issues with the back body posts but I think I found an issue on the forum that some other people used, cutting out the middle section of the posts.

As for the front ones they are tilted back at an angle has anyone else had this issue? if so how did you over come it?

Also when I role the truck it sounds like a bell is going off anyone know what that could be?

2013-01-03_22-07-46_635.jpg

Thanks, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

BountyHunter03

Yeah I am very pleased with the look of this body and cant wait to get it painted, trimmed and ready to run. Just need to figure out what Im going to do about the front post. I thought about just shaving the front lip of the post down at an angle so the body could sit on it or heating up the post and bending them a little not sure yet.

BountyHunter03

Aight guys another quick question. I have my body trimmed and ready for paint. I think I know what colors im going to go with so will probably go and get the paint tommorow.

Question: I have the HPI Rubber body washers and clips but I am unsure how to get them on, can anyone help me with a good way to get them in without messing them up?

I am planning on painting it black and yellow, mainly black with yellow accents, anyone have any tips on what type of black to use?

andyken

My 2 cents...

Do your drilling for body mounts first.

The paint from the inside of the body will make most any color glossy.

Prep is the key, clean/tape/mask off carefully.

Paint can bleed under tape if not done right.

It's kind of hard for some to see it's painting in reverse...like a developing film for camera's.

You need to get a step by step color plan.

I do details first [windows, accents etc], then major colors.

I use a lot of tape and news paper to cover each layer.

3m blue painters tape works well.

BountyHunter03

Alright guys, I got the body painted and fitted onto the truck. The paint didn't quite come out like i wanted but for my first try I am pretty happy with it. I deff learned some things to do and not to do on the next one. Overall though I am happy with the truck, I cant wait to get it on the dirt, I have to wait a week though while my remote is getting fixed. I also decided not to use the HPI rubber washers with pin holders as they were just a pain and I don't think they were thick enough.

Here is a link to the full album of the whole project. HERE

andyken

Nice job!

Only thing I personally found helpfull [on nitro smaller bodies] is a big color contrast front or back helps . [or a wing]

It's easier [old eyes] to tell which end is which :)

I did a 57 nomad body for my revo, candy red, and white on the bel-air rear panel/fins.

Made it easy to see at a distance.

With that body like the 5ive, a different color hood or fenders, like white/silver would make it easy to see.

Looks awsome !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts