• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Specific Prerun Checklist

Obeast44

Banned
I was thinking of trying to compile a Pre-run checklist for the XT, XB and XBe platforms. So if anyone has any issues please PM me with the details and I will try me best at getting something together. If it is even needed.

I will start by mentioning the few little things that have happened with mine. Bear in mind I intentionally left the driveline completely box stock to see what issues might arise. Not surprisingly, the main issues were easily fixed with locktite.

I had a shock bottom cap loosen and leak some oil. That is a simple fix, just a dab of blue locktite on them and you will be good. I also lost front wheel drive at one point. I noticed I lost the set screw that goes in the front diff input drive cup. So again an easy fix with some locktite.

The one thing I had happen that locktite couldn't fix was the steering linkage rod. On a HARD and brutal end over end tumble at max speed it popped out of the steering posts. I came up with a pretty simple solution that has worked very well for me so far. Take some fuel tubing and put it on it. It will still allow the steering to function as intended and help keep the rod from popping out under extreme crash situations.

That being said, I am loving the new XB :D

leetmodz

Obeast44 said:
I was thinking of trying to compile a Pre-run checklist for the XT, XB and XBe platforms. So if anyone has any issues please PM me with the details and I will try me best at getting something together. If it is even needed. I will start by mentioning the few little things that have happened with mine. Bear in mind I intentionally left the driveline completely box stock to see what issues might arise. Not surprisingly, the main issues were easily fixed with locktite.

I had a shock bottom cap loosen and leak some oil. That is a simple fix, just a dab of blue locktite on them and you will be good. I also lost front wheel drive at one point. I noticed I lost the set screw that goes in the front diff input drive cup. So again an easy fix with some locktite.

The one thing I had happen that locktite couldn't fix was the steering linkage rod. On a HARD and brutal end over end tumble at max speed it popped out of the steering posts. I came up with a pretty simple solution that has worked very well for me so far. Take some fuel tubing and put it on it. It will still allow the steering to function as intended and help keep the rod from popping out under extreme crash situations.

That being said, I am loving the new XB :D
Can you post a pic of the steering linkage with the fuel tube?

cordy

Those that are going to race get a aluminum differential hsng. from old fart or make a chassis stiffener. There is chassis flex which heats the bearing and melts the differential hsng.There have been countless cases of this at our track here in the chicago suburbs and also in denmark.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts