• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Mudflaps.

Trip..

I like to play in the snow and mud, but I don't like trashing radio gear and cleaning up mud. So I spent a whole 2 minutes thinking this up. I was going to use inner tube, but I didn't have any, so I used Gorilla Tape. It seems to work just fine. Best part is when the weather dries up this is easily removed.

I'm going to make some that seal up the body to the chassis along the sides where the body doesn't even come close to fitting.

013_zps72220441.jpg

014_zps14382922.jpg

012_zps0738b513.jpg

It's really not that noticeable either...

017_zpsc6ae2b93.jpg

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]4wnffnnDiIk[/MEDIA][/ame]
What do ya think?

Trip..

MNRampage said:
Great idea ! How do they work in the wet snow ?
Pretty well.

I know the buggy has the plastic side guards, but they do little to stop the muck flying by the front suspension. These help, but I think doing the same thing with an inner tube would work much better. The rubber would be flexible whereas the Gorilla tape is not. Greater flex would form a better seal I believe.

alfred e numan

Another duct taped body. I can run this car to the point you cannot hardly see what color the body is. The inner working of the car remain clean. with the exception of the rear a-arm area. Yep, its functional. Keeps the junk out of the air intake on the recoil starter and lower case area.

DUCT TAPE 001.jpg

DUCT TAPE 001.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/583c606765993_DUCTTAPE001.jpg.0a59a4c45a947b3804a91b64e4f27d2d.jpg

alfred e numan

look closely at this body- its not dirt or dust- its been gravel- sand blasted! Reminds me of when i would get a new dirt bike- they would say- youre not gonna take that thing tru that trail-its brand new! - i say- yea, and youre gonna follow- if ya got the go-nads!lol!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts