• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Hop-ups

G

I took advantage of some black Friday specials. So I thought I would share my upgrades. I started with some aluminum hop-ups and MT shocks because their longer. I was intrigued by Demon RCs thread on suspension droop and lack there of on the x series platforms.

I started by deanodizing the parts. I had to dremal off the inside corner of the lower suspension arms to make room for the massive c hubs from 7075 RC. They fit great for all stock, but hit the lower arm with the longer shocks. The MT shocks give the XB at least an inch more of droop and suspension travel. I decided not to swap the lower arms for aluminum because that what I bend in a bad landing on my MT. I completed the front today. I have much more to do including a motor upgrade. I'll keep adding to the thread as I complete more.

---

17ece237.jpg

4945b0f8.jpg

68a0b378.jpg

Last edited:

GTS 666

Looks awesome. I love the look of alloy arms but would prefer to stick with plastic to. Come on let the cat of of the bag what motor. Lol.

G

That looks Sweet! Are they the Redcat upgrades(besides the 7075 stuff)?
Yes they are the Redcat Hopups with the anodizing removed. The MT shocks come silver.

DemonRC

Hey, you might want to get rid of the alum ball end on the front upper arms. With the alloy upper arm and ball end the upper is so stiff that any slight impact will snap the turnbuckle. The stock platic ball end will give it a little flex. Trust me on this. Me and a few guys here snapped them litterally like they were a popsicle stick.

XBENOOB

DemonRC said:
Hey, you might want to get rid of the alum ball end on the front upper arms. With the alloy upper arm and ball end the upper is so stiff that any slight impact will snap the turnbuckle. The stock platic ball end will give it a little flex. Trust me on this. Me and a few guys here snapped them litterally like they were a popsicle stick.
I have snapped them even after I swapped back to the plastic ball ends. The only thing that has worked for me is to sleeve it.

I used two of these to cover the center of the turnbukle and the set screws allow you to lock them on

media.nl?id=14946&c=849850&h=820bb78ee7cbe1aa26cd&resizeid=-2&resizeh=490&resizew=490.jpg

Then I used four of theses (one on each side of the wheel nut) you will have to drill out the hole to make it fit over the turnbuckle.

media.nl?id=15006&c=849850&h=2c95cdb5a41d1ea1f311&resizeid=-2&resizeh=490&resizew=490.jpg

G

Great suggestion. I was thinking of ordering the titanium turnbuckles from Python. Do the plastic ends break or do the flex most of the time. I broke a plastic upper and lower at the same time doing an endo with the mt.

G

Nice, that does look tough. Can you adjust the turnbuckle with that square drive?

XBENOOB

RCDAD said:
Nice, that does look tough. Can you adjust the turnbuckle with that square drive?
You can, but you would then have to shim it so it make a solid piece. That is the point of sleeveing the turnbuckle. You move the stress point from the threads to the sleeve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts