• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E w/ Hostile Slicks (Medium)

lordachoo

Team Driver
Got my Rampage XB-E today. First 1/5th scale RC.

These are the mods I made out of the box:

• - Baja 5b adapters (RAMTech)
  • - HPI Super Star Wheel Rims, Black (HPI 3226)
  • - Hostile Rear Foams (Hostile hh960)
  • - Hostile Rear Medium Slicks (Hostile tt327)
  • - Beadlock Ring Set, Black (HPI 3271)

Rampage XB-E, Unboxed, Baja Adapters Installed, Slicks Mounted : http://imgur.com/gczvjHF

Future Upgrades/Changes:

• - TrackStar 200A ESC (anyone have experience with this?)
  • - Motor Upgrade? (Anyone have suggestions?)
  • - Steering servo upgrade (Suggestions?)
  • - FlySky iT4 v3 w/ Telemetry for Temperatures (ESC and Motor), Speed (MPH), Battery Voltages (Already own this - Need more sensors!)
  • - Batteries? (Have Nano-Tech 3S / 4S Batteries, 5000MAH 60C)
  • - Any suggestions?

lordachoo

Team Driver
Rob, UPS actually delivered it on Sunday morning.

First scheduled for Tuesday, then early scheduled Monday, then they showed up on Sunday and dropped it off. Christmas miracle? :p

designed2survive, I haven't had much road time yet (M5 bolt fell out of the bottom front right steering knuckle within 10-15 minutes..!) - But so far I love them. Great grip, Almost too good sometimes, still working them in of course.

Ran just long enough to get rid of all that excess rubber that comes on the outside ;)

For the handling, thinking of changing the diff oil in the front differential - but not sure what weight to use, if that's a good idea, etc.

Side question, anyone know of a good fan to just bolt to the stock heatsink for Rampage XB-E or other 1/5?

--LordAchoo

lordachoo

Team Driver
The wheels seem great for traction.

I am now having trouble with steering response, My steering radius seems to have gotten worse, basically can't make sharp turns at all, only slow wide turns.

- There seems to be a lot of 'slop' in the steering, i.e you can wiggle the wheels back and forth without moving the servo arm. I tried playing with the servo saver, doesn't seem to help that much

- I'm using the stock servo, could it have just gotten a bit worse quickly ? - I have a TS-700MG servo, would that be an upgrade?

- Front dif oil being thinner may help?

Anyone have any ideas?

lordachoo

Team Driver
Also, not sure how much stopping power the XB-E should have - Seems like when I changed receivers/radios it doesn't stop very fast.

RampageHopUps

The stock servo may be going bad if you haven't set the end points. It heats up and the solder melts.

No idea on the other servo. I use Hitec and they work well for me.

Depending what radio you have, can't you center the throttle? Buoy should be able to do stoppies.

lordachoo

Team Driver
- It could be an endpoint issue, but it seemed to work ok w/o any adjustments when i switched the receiver. It definitely doesn't stop very well at all, so something isn't set right.

- Another weird thing i noticed is, when I go reverse the wheels rock back and forth making the car zig zag backwards..what's with that?

lordachoo

Team Driver
I put in the original rx (redcat one), i'll see if that changes anything. Maybe something weird with the FS-IT4 tx/rx setup and throttle causing reverse issues?

No idea about the wheels wiggling back and forth when i went into reverse..that was always just weird.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.