• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E pic with castle 1717 installed

varga1974

Here is a pic of my new XB-E with a Castle creations 1717 brushless motor installed. I upgraded my radio system to a Spectrum DX3S and due to that I had to upgrade my steering servo also. " Stock steering servo is not a digital one and wouldn't work with the DX3S"

This car is just a monster now with this new motor..

varga1974

What the stock gearing it goes about 45-50 mph now. I haven't got to test the battery life do to I live in Minnesota and it wont f***king stop snowing :)

Obeast44

Banned
Why does my 1717 look different than yours? Mine has open endbells

EDIT: Because I am a dork and ordered the "Air" version! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
thats cool, i want one of those with that setup... more pics and better yet video if the weather ever breaks... nice rig dude, jealous :p

hamster huey

Obeast44 said:
Why does my 1717 look different than yours? Mine has open endbells
EDIT: Because I am a dork and ordered the "Air" version! LOL
I ordered the car version and received the air version. At first I thought it was my mistake but I found proof I ordered the car version. I contacted castle and they fixed it for me. They even sent a mailer so I could return the incorrect item. Castle has awesome customer support.

Obeast44

Banned
That they do, It was my mistake. I rechecked the order and sure enough I ordered the "air" version. They were happy to swap it out with a car version, all I had to cover was the shipping. No biggie there as it was purely MY fault. lol

Robertm235

I also ordered the 1717.. Did it bolt right up? How is the stock speed control holding up? Will the stock batteries work?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts