• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

X Series CARB order tonight!!!

savagekiller

Still running the stock carb.... And hating my life. Idle is wack, was running good for about half a tank, took a pretty good tumble, hit the breaks... And the idle started freaking out! Sounded like an air leak, idle went up and down and the just died. I'm just done playing with this carb.

I mostly bash, but would like to get into racing, don't know if there is a carb that's better for racing...? Any suggestions??? Looked through the threads, and see a lot of posts for the 990 is that the way to go? Ultimately I'll take reliability over speed.

Need some help soon so hopefully I can get an order out tonight.

savagekiller

Gonna get the aluminum intake and Teflon gaskets... Do I need any other gaskets....??? I'm trashing my stock gaskets.

krashkrieg

Contributor
+1 on the 990

Also, get the aluminum intake (I think GTB racing) with the lip on the edge for the same price (not the ada, it might deform the teflon gasket).

Badzappa

I have been having the same thing happen to my xt, and tonight broke the pull starter rope. I ordered a 990 from Gizmomotors, a belt drive from RCDAD, and a wire pull start cable from ddm. Spending so much on this truck, but I can't complain having so much fun with it.

savagekiller

Badzappa said:
I have been having the same thing happen to my xt, and tonight broke the pull starter rope. I ordered a 990 from Gizmomotors, a belt drive from RCDAD, and a wire pull start cable from ddm. Spending so much on this truck, but I can't complain having so much fun with it.
I hear ya man, I'm trying not to add up all these orders... I'd probably crap myself.

savagekiller

Thanks everyone, just placed my order..... Question. The Teflon gaskets take the place of all the stock gaskets, right? Ordered the gtb intake.

G

Thanks everyone, just placed my order..... Question. The Teflon gaskets take the place of all the stock gaskets, right? Ordered the gtb intake.
They will replace the intake gaskets. You will still have one paper gasket between the carb and stack.

Deluge

You could use gasket paper. You can get it at any auto parts store. Should last a while, too.

savagekiller

Having trouble starting now. Installed the 990 and aluminum intake. I'm sure there are no air leaks. Is there a easy way to get it started initially. Pulled a couple times, and nothing. Pushed throttle forward and pulled, still nothing. Any tips, gonna try again in the morning?

G

Did you set the needles to the base settings?

savagekiller

Just checked the needles, they were a little off out of the box, so I reset them. Dropped some fuel through the spark plug hole... And it started the first pull!!! You guys are awesome. Thanks!

alfred e numan

I prime with a few drops of gas every time i start these chokeless carbs. in cold weather you may find the engine lighting up for a second then dying agan. its running out of fuel. just open the low speed fuel needle - counter clockwise a little bit, about 2 or 3 minutes - degrees. then reset after it idles -warms up. You may have people suggest to install a choke plate between the carb and velocity stack. don:t do it. they will leak and suck dust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts