• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wow, what a smoke show!

vpalace

Lost steering again, turned on my fail safe and the truck came to a stop. The body was full of smoke, ripped that off and there was smoke pouring out Of the battery box. Shut the engine down and got the top off.

I could tell what was on fire. Grabbed the receiver and pull everything out. Let the smoke clear and went to access the problem. Receiver is fine, although I have to power so I don't know for sure. Hitec servos look fine, again, need to test. However my switch, battery meter and batter adapter are fried.

I don't know if it was too much current and the wires heated up and started melting or if there was a short. My y harness is nothing more than copper wire and everything else is melted.

I disconnected the battery before anything else happened.

I'm running a 3800mah nimh 7.2v pack that was connected to the switch with a y harness, other input was my battery meter.

I know it's only a few dollars for a switch and to build a new adapter, but any clue why this would have happened? I was running it lighty like I've been doing, no huge jumps or anything out of the ordinary.

REVOlutionary Rampage

I'd test everything then if the servo, and receiver are good go from there. It sounds like you might have had too much stuff on the stock on off switch, Or, dirt or something like that got into the switch. it caused a chain reaction which fried the switch, meter and connector. If you post pics it might be easier to figure out what happened.

G

I would say there was a short to do that kind of damage.

vpalace

Meter, t/b servo and receiver are fine. I used a different battery to test and when I turned it on, steering servo caught on fire.

Called Hitec they said to send it in for a replacement.

I have a new switch and have to make a new battery adapter. I think the wires may have chaffed where they enter the battery box, but I don't know for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts