• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

will this servo fit the xt for steering

krebidoux

do not go with the 805bb cause it's got plastic gears and they won't hold up. i run the 805mg in mine and it works great. never had any issues with the steal gears and lots of torque. and it fits like a glove.

REVOlutionary Rampage

krebidoux said:
do not go with the 805bb cause it's got plastic gears and they won't hold up. i run the 805mg in mine and it works great. never had any issues with the steal gears and lots of torque. and it fits like a glove.
Kreb: I have been running 2 805bb's in my MT for 3 years with no problems. I don't run my MT hard though.

krebidoux

For the extra couple bucks its worth the upgrade. Run your truck alittle hard and you will want the steel gears. Do you have your servo saver as soft as possible?

REVOlutionary Rampage

krebidoux said:
For the extra couple bucks its worth the upgrade. Run your truck alittle hard and you will want the steel gears. Do you have your servo saver as soft as possible?
No, I have it tight enough to at a standstill turn the front tires with ease on concrete. But I do have two to share the load though. So far so good. :)

erdoganog

sounds good that they fit i just had no clue if it would fit or not

and no hobby stores had any of the large scale size servos i don't know why lol

krebidoux

i had an 805bb in both my baja and xb and the same thing happened to both. 1 bad crash and the plastic didn't do to good. i put the steel gears in and haven't had a problem since and i can honestly say i haven't been all too easy on them either.

REVOlutionary Rampage

erdoganog said:
sounds good that they fit i just had no clue if it would fit or not and no hobby stores had any of the large scale size servos i don't know why lol
You do have to do a bit of modification to get the 805bb's to fit but nothing big. Just extending out the mounting brackets, drilling a few holes etc...

Kreb: I did notice the conversion kit you can get to upgrade. I'll keep that in mind. I guess I've been lucky so far :D

REVOlutionary Rampage

Kreb: I've got an MT so I had to extend the length of the mounts a bit, and shim the receiver box and under the throttle servo to fit the bb. Also I had to drill 2 holes in the chassis because of the length and trim the stock plastic servo mounts to fit the bb's mounting holes. It sounds like a lot of work but it wasn't too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

krebidoux

i'm sorry, i had xb on the mind. they fit perfectly in them. i have a mt roller i bought but haven't started to rebuild it yet so i haven't found all the mounting issues with it yet.

REVOlutionary Rampage

krebidoux said:
i'm sorry, i had xb on the mind. they fit perfectly in them. i have a mt roller i bought but haven't started to rebuild it yet so i haven't found all the mounting issues with it yet.
No prob, at least now you have an idea of what you might be in for. :D

erdoganog

so if im correct it fits into the xb or xt w/o mods and for the mt u need to mod lil bit to fit? lol

REVOlutionary Rampage

erdoganog said:
so if im correct it fits into the xb or xt w/o mods and for the mt u need to mod lil bit to fit? lol
Yes, the MT will have to be modded to fit the HS805 BB. The Xb/t is a newer platform/car. I assume it already the space to fit Hitec servo's unmodded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts