• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Will a 100oz servo pull brakes properly?

Trip..

I'd like to install a Savox servo for my throttle, http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2272MG_Digital_Servo_p/savsb2272mg.htm but I need to know if the 97oz of torque will be sufficient to pull the stock brakes.

I really like the .035 transit speed, that's fast!

I'm also thinking about the http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SV0235MG_Digital_Servo_p/savsv0235mg.htm for the steering. I like the fact that they are both 7.4v rated.

I am thinking about taking the plunge into the world of lipo and buy a rec pack to start running 7.4 volts, or can I just run a 7.2 Nimh pack to the high voltage servos? I'm asking because I already have the batts and chargers to run a 6 cell rec pack, but if I were to switch to lipo, I'd need to buy a batt and charger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Don't know if a 6 cell pack would fit in the radio box. A 5000mAh 5 cell pack is a tight fit. If I were to go HV, I'd go Lipo. Would be lighter and it wouldn't take up a lot of space.

Trip..

I was thinking about that, but I would need a charger and a batt, that's another 100+ bux that I could put toward a pipe.

Now I'm thinking about just a cheapie Futaba 3306Mg and a Savox 1257. That way I can keep the batt I have and I won't have to replace my ole Duratrax Intellapeak charger.

I don't know what to do?

G

Decisions, decisions, decisions.........

Obeast44

Banned
Trip, you can buy an inexpensive easy to use 2 cell Lipo charger from Hobbyking for like $5....seriously. Hit the wanted section up and get a stock Redcat XB-E charger. it'd be perfect for charging a RX Lipo. Yes it charges a little slow, but it charges each cell individually. If one cell ever became out of balance that charger could bring it back into spec.

G

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCDAD

I run lipo and love it.

-

Rcdad... you got a list of what I need to complete my lip setup if I have the money to? The reason for lipo is to bring your servo to life right?
I can if you need me to.

Yes higher voltage equals faster and stronger servos. I have read that the 6v servos seem to handle 7.4v. I have not tried it yet. I installed high volt servos. The 5765 & 5685. I direct wired them to avoid the larger draw through the RX. Here is the info on that. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=9008

Last edited:
G

Obeast44 said:
Trip, you can buy an inexpensive easy to use 2 cell Lipo charger from Hobbyking for like $5....seriously. Hit the wanted section up and get a stock Redcat XB-E charger. it'd be perfect for charging a RX Lipo. Yes it charges a little slow, but it charges each cell individually. If one cell ever became out of balance that charger could bring it back into spec.
That's good advice. They are good little chargers. I'm sure there is many out there not being used.

Deluge

Trip.. said:
I was thinking about that, but I would need a charger and a batt, that's another 100+ bux that I could put toward a pipe. Now I'm thinking about just a cheapie Futaba 3306Mg and a Savox 1257. That way I can keep the batt I have and I won't have to replace my ole Duratrax Intellapeak charger.

I don't know what to do?
That's one of the reasons why I still run NiMH's. They're cheap and I don't want to replace my charger. They get the job done, so they're good enough for me.

Trip..

Obeast44 said:
This could be a good option for me. I have thought about jumping into Lipos for my rec, but also for my Tamiya's, I just have NO idea what I'm looking at!

How's this for a comparison, I don't even run Nimh, I run the old Gonzo packs from the 90's, an RC-2000 and an RC-2400. That's right Brother, I'm still rockin the Nicads! I bought one Nimh pack for 60 bux back in 01 and smoked it on the first charge with the ole Super Brain...

Help me out, can you guys set me up with links for a decent AC/DC (not the band) charger and a few packs? Or a DC charger and a power supply, I'm not asking you to buy the stuff, just show me what I need so I can buy the stuff.

I want to convert my old XTM XLB to brushless, but that's a whole nother can o' worms.

Thanks Guys,

Trip..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts