• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wierd experience with the engine

Guantanamo Joe

So, I got a new XSC not too long ago (highly recommended, by the way). Last weekend we went out to our new bash spot where the dirt movers excavate from... got the short course all clean and looking good for a fun day of tearing up the earth. However, no matter how many times I pulled the handle, NO START. Rather than get angry, I checked to make sure she had spark (she did) then just put her back in the Jeep and pulled out the MT. Ran the MT half to death jumping and playing for a couple of tanks (I don't know how the hell I didnt break anything).

So, today is the first chance I have had to check the XSC to see what the issue is with the engine. Gave the handle 2 pulls and she started purring like a kitten...

Anybody? Is my XSC as tempermental as my wife? ha ha ha :D

G

Was the plug wet? Once flooded you could pull all day with no start.

Sergio

That happened to me but with my nitro savage went to the park and would not start came back home and I was like stupid thing let me try one more time before I throw it in the garbage guess what started rigth away and it did it twice. Then got my mt. Didn't tread lock like I was advice by you guys lost every screw lol.

alfred e numan

yes, the plug tells a good story. these carbs we use have very thin gaskets underneath the bottom of the carb- they are part of the fuel pump. they can stick for no reason. also, the needle underneath the fuel bulb assembly has dual duty, as the engine is running this device opens-closes thousands of times in 1 load of gasoline. When everythings clicks correctly, they run great. If you have a beater carb laying around, practice stripping it down and reassembling it- just lay the gaskets out in order, thats a big help. Test the carb on an engine- Once you get it down to an art- no matter what happens, you will just walk tru the carb and repair. trial and error. just saying-----

BertR

Hey Joe.... My kit will do that sometimes and forces me to pull the plug and dry it with a lighter. I let it sit for a hour or so and try again and usually works fine.

Guantanamo Joe

I didn't have a spare pug with me, but the one in the engine was wet... I'm just glad she is good to go now... can't wait for the next bash day!

BertR

Glad it is ready for another battle. Lol. Mine sits on the stand waiting on a throttle servo. This time i ordered 2 so i don't have any down time

Guantanamo Joe

I have ordered extra throttle and steering servos for the parts box. I figured I might as well because it really is only a matter of time before one of those goes out. I have not had one fail yet (knocking on wood as I type) even though I hear such terrible things about the throttle servos.

G

I got some good run time out of them as we'll. Just make sure your EPA is set correctly. They do not come set from the factory.

BertR

I am still running the stock stearing servo and the throttle servo that went belly up came from my 10th scale to my boat then to the 10th again and to the xsc before it pooped out and that was 3 years of water dirt and snow

BertR

I am chomping at the bit !! My servo's are ridding around town with the mail carrier, Dam lucky servo's... not sure now witch one I would rather see lol. I know the babe will make me her last delivery like always.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts