• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wide open throttle (servo horn adjustment)

grizzledcamudgen

hamster huey said:
Is your "start" function for throttle turned off? Its on page 65 of the manual.
Is your mixing/boat modes turned off?

Have you tried setting up with the basic level one settings? It eleminates alot of the things the transmitter can do to throttle.
yes, the "TH-SPEED" is off.

When I go into the boat mode it really doesn't say on or off it says "INH" whatever that means?

I put two pics on here showing you the boat mode, it was set to "Normal"

I just hit the + - button to show you the options.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Ya I'd suggest resetting one of the model #'s and using that as a base for diagnosing the problem. 3pk and 4pk's have so many dam settings and forgetting about one of them like "idle up" can throw you for a loop.

Also, make sure to set your EPA (end point adjustment / maximum servo throw) for your throttle and brake. If your throttle is pushing past the limits that the carb's throttle arm can rotate you can damage the carb and burn out your expensive servo. The last thing you want is the servo to go dead at WOT. So just ease back the EPA on the throttle some untill you can see that at full throttle that the carb is wide open but the servo isn't trying to push past the carb's limits.

Last edited by a moderator:

grizzledcamudgen

catchaser said:
Ya I'd suggest resetting one of the model #'s and using that as a base for diagnosing the problem. 3pk and 4pk's have so many dam settings and forgetting about one of them like "idle up" can throw you for a loop.
Also, make sure to set your EPA (end point adjustment / maximum servo throw) for your throttle and brake. If your throttle is pushing past the limits that the carb's throttle arm can rotate you can damage the carb and burn out your expensive servo. The last thing you want is the servo to go dead at WOT. So just ease back the EPA on the throttle some untill you can see that at full throttle that the carb is wide open but the servo isn't trying to push past the carb's limits.
I'm going to try that today, that sounds like a good idea at least until I've had the radio for a while and get use to all the features.

I really like your explanation of the EPA, you painted the picture very well!

Thank you.

I'll keep an eye on that once I get the truck going. Actually, I'll check that as I go along too!

I changed out the plastic gears last night for metal ones. I just need to run some grinding compound through them and they'll be good to go.

Well, hopefully today I can get this all figured out and raise a little cain later!

Thanks for your input, it helped!

krashkrieg

Contributor
just another thought, (I was away for the weekend)

earlier when you saw that EPA was set to 100, that was steering EPA...you can hike this up to 125 if you want more turning radius (or below if you can think of a reason to have less turning radius, like drag racing)

I use EPA adjust on the T/B servo to adjust for a full throttle throw without binding...in other words, if you hear a weird digital noise at full throttle, back off on the EPA until it's full throttle without bind noise. same thing with brake, but on the Ramp, I seem to need to really back down on the brake throw (like 80% epa) so it doesn't JAM on the breaks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts