• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

which servos 5745 vs 805bb digital vs analog

firefighter9780

i am in the process of upgrading to dual steering and was wondering which everyone thought would be the best route to go for servos i currently have a hitec 5745 but it only has 208 oz of torque and didnt know if i would be good running 2 or if i should up grade to a 805bb like others are running with lots more torque. and is there any advantages to the analog vs digital servos and if so which should i be running sorry for 2 questions in one post

PISTOL PETE

i run dual 5745s. they have more than enough torque and speed. i am not 100% on how the 805s perform but if you already have one 5745 why buy 2 new servos?

firefighter9780

i was thinking the same thing but it would be cheaper to replace a servo down the road at 30 compared to 70 . but i was leaning at getting another 5745 anyways

PISTOL PETE

good point i didnt realize the 805s were only $30. i think the 5745 are more durable. don't the 805s have plastic gears?

firefighter9780

What do you mean by a y cable for 1 servo I think I will just get another 5745 what is the main advantge of digital over analog

PISTOL PETE

they are more precise. when you let go of the wheel they will always go back to dead center. and i know you can program the 5745s. not that you would need to do it on your ramp. i think you can slow them down and adjust the extent.

Last edited by a moderator:

firefighter9780

cool thanks i didnt know that you could program them i just figured some worked with some recivers and other with other ones thanks for the help

hamster huey

I think he means a servo Y cable on the battery? One end goes to the RX and the other goes to + and - of the servo (only the servo signal wire goes to the RX). Then the servo gets power from the battery and signal from the RX. Thats how I do mine.

firefighter9780

OldSkoolMT said:
The HS-5745MG is discontinued. The replacement is the HS-5755MG.
i just got my servo in the mail as i stated before i am running a 5745 do i bought another one and i was sent a 5755 and with looking at the specs the only difference is the torque output which is more in the 5755 so i would guess that i got a better servo but will it work for my dual steering setup to run 1 5745 and 1 5755 thanks for the help

billm67

you can get 805mg's....but their $50 bucks

goldwing1800l

can some diagram how the hookup would be for the Y connector running dual steering servos direct to the battery wouldn't one have too use (2) Y connectors and can you show that connection please thanks

goldwing1800l

i just got my rampage mt v3 and already one steering servo has quit i ordered (2) Hitec5755 can i use the same stock mount modified and how hard is this upgrade what about the futuba mount is it worth buying that instead of modding the stock mount

Last edited by a moderator:

firefighter9780

i have the futuba on one side and the stock on the other the y harness just hooks up single side in your receiver and the other to the servos hope this helps

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts