• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

When the LHS is a 150mile round trip --

alfred e numan

Heres one solution for members that live in the middle of nowhere. Ever break the cars antenna tube? Find yourself a cheap spray bottle, remove the pick up tube- Problem solved with out spending $4.50 + per gallon on gasoline. No bling on my XB - lol!

countstevula

Contributor
alfred e numan said:
Heres one solution for members that live in the middle of nowhere. Ever break the cars antenna tube? Find yourself a cheap spray bottle, remove the pick up tube- Problem solved with out spending $4.50 + per gallon on gasoline. No bling on my XB - lol!
does anybody even use antenna tubes anymore??!!

G

does anybody even use antenna tubes anymore??!!
What do you do with your antenna wire?

I would be afraid of signal issues with the antenna wire not up out of the receiver box.

alfred e numan

antenna pipe

The pickup tube on a spray bottle is hollow. run the antenna wire up, then add a bit of hot melt glue to the end. - Never cut the antenna wire- its a tuned 1 wave lengith antenna. just saying--

countstevula

Contributor
My spektrum has a tiny antenna wire that does remarkably well not poking out of the receiver box. I don't miss the 24" AM radio antennas....that always got pulled off in a rollover

alfred e numan

Thing is about AM, At least the last surface frequincy rig I had- It transmitted-recieved @ 27.200 megahertz- 27.185 -- its channel 19 on the cb radio! Every truck driver in the country runs power-"fire in the wire"!! With a cb that splatters on all 40 channels and beyond- and running extra power to boot. 10-4? lol! Yea, i like my Fly-Sky. Gigahertz range with a high quality digital filter. Breaker 19, we have a out of control 20 pound land missle approaching fast in the hammer lane!-- lol-lol!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts