• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wheel adapter won't work on MT

powerslave69

I just received a reply from DDM and they told me this wheel adapter won't work if I want to mount my FG tires/rims to my Rampage MT. Here's my email to DDM amd their reply. A lot of members in this forum told me it would work.I think even Rob said it would work. I'm confused now:confused: Any comment?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DDM reply:

"No, those are to adapt an HPI Baja, we don't have adapters like that for the Rampages.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.885035/it.A/id.2864/.f

Brad

-------------------------------------------------------------

My email to DDM:

AMS FG Wheel Adapter Set for HPI Baja 5B/5T

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.885035/it.A/id.2864/.f

Can I use this to mount my FG wheels to my Rampage MT. I have 4 FG tires/ rims already mounted but I was told I need an adapter to install it to MT. Thanks.

RampageHopUps

You are confused since you didn't listen to me or the other members that said that is the only option.

The rears will slide right onto the MT axles. That is why you need 2 packages. The fronts have to be thrown out.

powerslave69

thanks Rob

RampageHopUps said:
You are confused since you didn't listen to me or the other members that said that is the only option.
The rears will slide right onto the MT axles. That is why you need 2 packages. The fronts have to be thrown out.
Ok Rob. Got it! :D I'll just wait for my MT to arrive then I'll have a better picture of how to do this. thanks for being patient with with a newbie like me.

RampageHopUps

Unscrew the axial set screw in the black steel diff cup.

Pull out the dowel pin that holds the aluminum adapter.

Push the new stainless steel adapter on.

Line up the dowl pin hole.

Hammer the new dowel pin in, it is a groove pin that is expanded. No need for the axial set screw anymore.

Call Brad and tell him it worked so he can change the description.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts