• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

*Whats the biggest and baddest motor for a XT?*

Blitzkrieg

I am not a fan of stock stuff, I love to mod the hell out of everything I own, including the XT that I don't even have yet, should be at my door in about a week. I love to make things as fast as possible! Please give me info?

G

The biggest and baddest. How does 18hp sound? Only about $2500.00

Blitzkrieg

RCDAD said:
The biggest and baddest. How does 18hp sound? Only about $2500.00
Holy crap! I have C5 Corvette with 760rwhp! Thats all I need is to dump silly money on this hobby! Thanks for getting my gears turning! I want to get into this hobby as it's cheaper than my currant hobby!

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

there was a fellow that used to frequent here from IT. He built his own engines from scratch. poster quite a few vids. these puppys would rock and roll to say the least. Idea-- yea, i know roatory engines lack torque @ lower rpm-s- but- what about a twin version? 2 times the roating mass- this would help in the torque department- a wankel can rev to the moon-- sayyy-- its 5:30 am here- west coast- rise and shine men- this aint no country club--lol!!

G

The twins are nice also. Just a bit more technical to stuff into the vehicle. :)

Ildy666

Big motors are great.now try to keep a reliable drive train in them.IMO a good ported 4 bolt and fine tune ur gearing and that should be fine.bigger motors mean bigger headaches...

RampageHopUps

The 70cc in the Bajas at Dunetoberfest were just uncontrollable. Even in the bowls, you couldn't drive them at full throttle. At some point, aroudn 50cc, there is just too much power for a 5th scale.

G

Agreed.

The Bajas are wheelie machines to begin with. Full throttle throws them over real quick. Lots of great vids on YouTube. A blast to watch!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online