• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What's the best charger?

volitan

What's a good charger for to charge my 48mah nicad for my MT?Something that tells me the status and doesn't overcharge.

thanks

hamster huey

After owning two superbrain 989 I believe the best charger out is the Checkpoint tc1030 ($180 but $80-$130 on ebay). I have 2 of them. They can charge at up to 10 amps and discharge at up to 30 amps. It has graphs and tons of info screens to tell you conditions of your packs, like your votage drop over time during discharge or even internal resistance. It requires a 12v power source so if running AC you need a power supply. I use a 25amp Checkpoint power supply ($90 but less on ebay). If your using with lipos you need an external balancer. I use hyperion eoslba10-a ($50 but less on ebay). My beater charger is a digital pirahna by duratrax ($50 but $25 on ebay) but it can only discharge so I have one low amp bulb discharger and one high amp bulb discharger I use with it. The digital pirahna can not do lipos though. It is an ac/dc charger so no additional power supply is needed. It is digital so you can adjust your charging amp rates. Towerhobbies.com has lots of chargers and good coupon codes and great coupon codes if you become a member. Tower hobbies has chargers in the scratch and dent section they are really cheap. I have had great chargers from the scratch and dent section before. Hobbypeople.net has good deals. Amainhobbies has good selection and good pricing but not a lot of discounts. I would be wary of buying a expensive charger used though because they do wear out if used alot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts