• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What Radio?

Trickle007

Contributor
Ok looking for all your opinions on what Radio I should buy. All I do is pretty much just bash, I own a Redcat Rampage MT and A Savage 4.6 and I plan to add a road car and a Truggy to my collection eventually. I have it narrowed down to 2 radios:

http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk2021.html

OR

http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk2015.html

For what I do with my RC vehicles which one would be best for me?

DemonRC

Personally I only run with Futaba. I have a 3PK and love it. The 3PM would also be perfectly fine. It just boils down to how much u want to spend. If my 3PK went out tommorrow I'd prolly just get a 3PM and never get a 3PK again cause the price didn't really get me anything I needed that the 3PM didn't have.

Trickle007

Contributor
thanks catch i was thinking the 3 PM with a rx should suit me just fine and the price gap is pretty big. I just love the looks of the 3 PK lol but as for funtionality i was not sure what would be better but I will take your word that the 3 PM has everything needed from a programming stand point.

OldSkoolMT

Futaba = over priced. I used them for many years in my planes. I'd never buy them for car/truck RC. Especially if you are not racing.

Look at the Airtronics MX-3X, it's very fast, 3 channel and IMO kicks ass. Very good pricing and comes with a receiver for under $200. Check out the reviews on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trickle007

Contributor
OldSkoolMT said:
Futaba = over priced. I used them for many years in my planes. I'd never buy them for car/truck RC. Especially if you are not racing.
Look at the Airtronics MX-3X, it's very fast, 3 channel and IMO kicks ass. Very good pricing and comes with a receiver for under $200. Check out the reviews on it.
Hmmm I paid under $200. for my Futaba 3PM-X w/ receiver and it is 2.4 ghz. I have no complaints and its an awesome radio.

OldSkoolMT

Trickle007 said:
Hmmm I paid under $200. for my Futaba 3PM-X w/ receiver and it is 2.4 ghz. I have no complaints and its an awesome radio.
How about under $160?

MX3X is a faster radio, has 18 model memory vs 10 on the futaba, comes with 4 channel rec vs. 3 on the 3pm-x. The futaba is a good radio but I personally like the MX3X better. Just my opinion. I think it's way easier to program and like where the switches are located.

[ame]

[/ame]
I have nothing against Futaba but I do think they are over priced on the higher end models.

Gee

Contributor
Trickle007 said:
Ok looking for all your opinions on what Radio I should buy. All I do is pretty much just bash, I own a Redcat Rampage MT and A Savage 4.6 and I plan to add a road car and a Truggy to my collection eventually. I have it narrowed down to 2 radios:
http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk2021.html

OR

http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk2015.html

For what I do with my RC vehicles which one would be best for me?
There's Ford men , Chevey men, and even the Mopar men come out on race day. Same with controllers. I've played the field but to stay with your question. I agree with demon on the 3PM model between the two choices you have narrowed it down to. The 3PM would be the practical choice for what you described. The PK model have more bells and whistle that you basically may never ever ever use. Well maybe once to see what it doesn then you realize it doesn't do anything for your basher. I can say if you can get a hand on the controllers at the LHS and feel them in your hand. It will make up your mind for you. Some controllers just feel better in your hand then others do. Grip style wieght, etc. I liked the 3pm when I had it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts