• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wat radio

pete

was wondering wat radio is better the Spektrum DX3.0 DSM 3CH or the Futaba 3PM ?

kryptonite

hey pete. alot of guys run the spectrums, but if you do a search on any or many largescale forums you will see that many have had certain issues with the spectrum gear. they seem to work flawlessly with nitro/electric. i would personelly go with the 3pm 2.4ghz. it has tons of options, like the spectrum and has a flawless reputation.

pete

kryptonite said:
hey pete. alot of guys run the spectrums, but if you do a search on any or many largescale forums you will see that many have had certain issues with the spectrum gear. they seem to work flawlessly with nitro/electric. i would personelly go with the 3pm 2.4ghz. it has tons of options, like the spectrum and has a flawless reputation.
thanks for the info kryptonite. i liked you onroad truck that things sweet.

kryptonite

thanx pete.. it looks nice sitting on the shelf.. off-road is were the fun is. its raining and i want to take my mt mud bogging:D

hamster huey

If its between those 2 futaba for sure. I love my mx3fg w/fhss2. don't look at mx3 w/fhss1. Spektrum did not work in my 5b or ramp. Some people have had luck w/nomadio. I also have had great luck w/tq3 (w/tx crystal in rx, and rx crystal in tx so no interference from someone on the same channel). Whatever you get add a 3rd channel kill.

kryptonite

ya pete. the airtronics mx3 that hamster is refering to is a great radio too. around the same price as the futaba3pm 2.4.. i had one(mx-3) and it was flawless with incredible range. at the beach running till you cant hear or see it! the mx3 was great!! the only reason i started using my 3pm was becouse it had abs settings(anti-lock-brakes) thats the only reason. if you can, get anything that is 2.4ghz.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts