• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

want to make my rampage mt into 2 wd ,possible ??

aussie

hi guys

just want to hear your thoughts please r.e me dis engaging my front wheel drive on my rampage mt ??

just make it be a rear wheel drive 2 wd !!

the reason i want to do so is i wanna be able to pop wheelies !!

secondly i want to elimnate less wear and tear problems on the front diff,drive shafts,bearings and other parts,hopefully less promblems and head aches ??

iv made up a alloy wheelie bar also for it.

i don't care too much for wheel power slides with the 4 wd.

but i like the idea of doing wheelies,

also now i have dual servo steering the front wheels not driving it shouldnt not be to much of a problem yeah as far as better steering ??

i hope this idea will work and be ok guys ??

how will things hold up ??

any other ideas ??

if ok and possble,do i just remove front dog bone shafts and thats it ??

cheers

glen

Last edited by a moderator:

AlvaSpeed

I ran my TT in 2wd mode when It lost a pin in the front center dogbone.

Remove the front center dogbone and front axle dogbones.

You can do it. No problem.

prostock

Alva,

Soooooooo how does the ramp perform in 2WD mode?

BRC

AlvaSpeed said:
I ran my TT in 2wd mode when It lost a pin in the front center dogbone.
Remove the front center dogbone and front axle dogbones.

You can do it. No problem.

AlvaSpeed

It ran very well.

The 23cc with a Side DOM was overpowering the rear tires.

Remember that you will loose your front braking.

aussie

hi guys

thanks for the replies fellas.

so will the rear diff be able to handle just the more power @ rear ??

will i have more chances of being able to do wheelies with g27orc 3 hp and tgn fat torque pipe with being only 2 wd and front diff weigh removed ??

r.e braking,should it still pull up ok with just rear brakes ??

iv noticed that it having a clutch that it helps to slow down car when cutting down throttle !!

as said before,i gen only run and use the mt on large open grass ovals and that is it,no jumps or any thing !!

so really r.e perf,reliablity,less probs it might be ok to do hey ??

thanks guys

cheers

glen again...

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

since you asked.. im not a fan of 2wd. i think 4wd is alot more fun. as far as wheelies.. should be difucult. alot of it will be tire choice and suspension, plus we have a mid engine chassis. fg mt's do wheelies. and thats pretty much all they are good for. straight lines and uncontrolable wheelies. they also have rear motor chassis and the suspension is that of a square brick. we also all ready have kind of a weak spot with our diffs, not so much any more, but i think putting all the power to the real wheels in a high traction situation would be stressfull on the rear end. another point i have is stearing. my mt stears like a mac truck pulling a 52' trailer. i have ended a few bash sessions in rear wheel drive and noticed the stearing is even worse. it really counts on the 4wd to get it around a decant corner. by all meens.. check it out and let us know what you think. if you do manage to get some wheelies out of it, then you have my respects, becouse it will be tough. but you better have some vid or we wont believe you!!j.k...lol you made a wheely bar? anything that rocks a wheely bar in my book is cool.. rock on

hamster huey

For wheelies I would try jacking the suspension up with the shock collars to raise the center of gravity. I would gear at 24/36. And a 8k spring. And lean the bottom end 1 hour. Be prepared for breakage as you stated all the powers going to go through 2 wheels instead of 4. I would also try a 27/33 or 29/31 out of curiousity in theory seeing how the motor only has 2 wheels to power instead of 4 it should be able to handle 27/33 but I doubt if it would wheely. I am thinking gearing for top speed might also reduce the instant snapping acceleration which might save stress on parts.

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
I am thinking gearing for top speed might also reduce the instant snapping acceleration which might save stress on parts.
my tt is geared for speed. im running 31/29 and its a rockit!. its still decant out of the hole, but not neck snapping. keeping it in the power band is a blast and man does that ported 26.9 scream :cool:

aussie

hi fellas

thanks for your input and thoughts on the making rampage into 2 wd mt.

i will keep it in mind.

cheers

glen

DemonRC

I'm just thinking the rear diff cup shafts won't be able to take all the stress. I can see pins, shafts, and cups snapping like crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts